Chapter 10: The Collision

There was lots of hustle-bustle today at the emergency ward due to a sudden bus accident case coming. Dr Arjun was in his shoes taking care of all the cases and guiding his students with them. It already got late night for the issue to settle down. Once he checked the status of all patients and assigned a duty doctor, he retired back to Raichand Mansion.

It was already late so almost everyone had their dinner and slept so Arjun directly went to his room and got freshen up. Changing into his track pant and t-shirt, he went down to the kitchen and had his dinner quietly. While returning to his room, he noticed the lights of study on. Expecting his father to be still awake, he went towards the study.

On opening the door, just as he expected his father was busy looking into the files. Hearing the door open, Mr Vikram looked up from his file and was amused to see Arjun.

"So what's my son doing here at this time?" Mr Vikram playfully asked while looking at the clock.

"Nothing Dad. There was an emergency at the hospital so got late. After having my dinner, I was passing by and saw the lights of study on so thought of seeing you once before going to bed." said Arjun sitting on the couch.

"Good thing, you have come here Arjun. We couldn't have a proper father-son talk since you have reached here. So how's life my boy?" asked his dad smiling at Arjun fondly.

" Just normal things dad. Adjusting to my new workplace and trying to get familiar with it. It is pretty boring here without Aaryan and Sanjay" complained Arjun.

" Haha, why don't you get married then. That way your life won't be this boring and also your mom will be at peace" said his dad, trying out his luck to convince his son.

"Daddd....please don't start this again. I don't want to get married soon," said Arjun.

"Any girlfriend?" questioned his dad.

" No, dad." Replied Arjun.

" Then what's your problem son. At your age, I already fought for my love and married your mom. You should at least have a tiny love story by this time. Don't spoil my name now." said his dad bragging about his past.

" You got such an amazing girl dad but I haven't met anyone interesting. So let's save the story for time being and also spare me from your marriage talks" said Arjun.

"That I got. Your Mom is the best. Anyways wish you good luck son, hope you meet someone soon because if you don't then your mom will fix you with someone. She is already dreaming about your marriage" said his dad patting Arjun's shoulder.

"She will never change dad" laughed Arjun listening to his dad's words.

"Why don't you go to bed dad? It's already very late."

" There's a meeting with Mehra's tomorrow so just checking the files once. It will get done in few minutes. Then I will go to sleep. You go to bed beta. " said his dad.

"Ok, dad. Good night!" said Arjun getting up from the couch and leaving to his room.

***

The sound of the alarm clock ringing disturbed Aadya's sleep. She slept late at night due to an emergency at work and is still sleepy. All she wishes is to shut the stupid alarm and sleep, but she couldn't take a chance. After all, she loves her profession and everything that comes with it. With a big heart, sacrificing her sleep she finally woke up and got ready for college.

The weather is very hot outside as the summer has begun, so Aadya ditched her scooty and got into her car for today as she was already very tired. Putting her apron and stethoscope at the back, she climbed into the driver's seat and drove to the college.

The parking was almost packed already, she slowly found a place and was about to park but she missed a cut in between and bumped into the car coming from behind.

"Shit!!!" cursed Aadya.