Chapter 42: Mission Arjun!

Aadya was searching the entire college from the morning for Arjun, but no luck.

"Sister Mary, have you seen Arjun sir?" she asked the staff nurse who was passing by.

"Yes mam, he is in the conference hall in the next block. There is some staff meeting going on" she replied.

"Ohh okay, sister. Thank you"

"Ughhh! Why does he have to become this chairman? It was so easy to find him when he was our mentor, present in that stupid department's cabin" she groaned.

Not having any option, Aadya decided to wait for him in the Chairman's cabin. She is hell-bent to apologize to him as soon as possible.

She messaged Payal to call her if there is an emergency, as she was caught up with some work.

Aadya went to his cabin and sat on the couch waiting for him. She was getting restless as time passes. She truly wants to mend the things between them, but she is scared of his response.

To calm down, she walked around the cabin, noticing the paintings and interiors. She then sat on Arjun's seat and was swirling around when she heard someone clearing their throat.

She immediately got up from the chair and in hurry, lost her balance, falling down, and winced in pain.

Arjun quickly jogged towards her.

"Why are you so clumsy girl, can't you just manage properly?" he scolded her and kneeled beside, checking her foot.

"I am fine, I just lost my balance" Aadya smiled weakly at him. She quickly got up while Arjun supported her and seated her on the couch.

"What are you doing here in my cabin?" Arjun asked cocking his eyebrow.

"Uh...I was... just... passing by.." Aadya fumbled with her words, not knowing how to start. She was shameful of her actions and hurting Arjun.

"Spill it out," he said, in a nonchalant tone.

"I am sorry Arjun. I shouldn't have behaved that way, it was so childish of me" she apologized, looking at the floor, unable to look into his eyes.

"Ohh so you realized it now. If you wouldn't have witnessed yesterday's things, then what would you have done?" He asked folding his arms across his chest. "You dint even give me a chance to explain myself Aadya. You didn't trust me enough, and I am deeply hurt by it."

Aadya looked at him with her pleading eyes, but he didn't respond to anything.

"If this is what you have come for, then you may leave Dr. Aadya," he said stressing on, Dr. Aadya. She left from there disappointed at herself.

"I will win you back, Arjun, and I will do everything I could, for that" Aadya thought in determination.

The next day she was all excited to put her plans into action.

She brought few flowers on her way to college and sneaked into his cabin. She put them on his desk along with a sorry note and rushed outside before Arjun could come.

Aadya was waiting behind the pillar near the window of his cabin, to see his reaction.

Arjun soon entered his cabin and noticed the flowers and a note. Aadya couldn't see his face as his back was facing the window.

Arjun had a small smile seeing the note. He knew she would be hiding somewhere around, so to annoy her, he threw the flowers in the dustbin and hid the note in his pocket.

Aadya stomped her foot at his action.

"Mr. Arjun Raichand, you are going to regret it! Get ready for some action," Aadya muttered with an evil smirk on her face.

The next day, she repeated the same thing. She again put flowers and a note and hid behind the pillar. Arjun entered and was surprised to see the flowers again despite his rudeness yesterday.

But what amused him more was, there were two sorry notes this time. He sat on his chair thinking about the reason.

"What the.....?!!!" he got up suddenly from the chair. There were small thorns scattered over the chair. He dusted his pants and looked around for Aadya when his phone pinged with a message from Aadya.

"This is what you get for throwing those beautiful flowers which I brought you with so much effort.

-With love,
Your devil minion"

All his anger flew away reading her message. He re-read the same text, grinning like a kid. His focus was only on the last line of the message.

"What are you doing to me Aadya?" He shook his head smiling.

This time he didn't throw the flowers and put them in the vase carefully, not wanting to bear her wrath.

"Good. There's some progress in my mission" Aadya patted her shoulders proudly and walked to her department.

Arjun went to the department to check the case reports of postgraduates. Aadya was busy explaining some cases to her junior. He noticed her report file on the adjacent table and took it from there without anyone's notice.

"Now it's your turn sweetheart!" he smirked.

Arjun entered his usual cabin in the department and asked the postgraduates to assemble with their case reports. Everyone entered the cabin with their files except Aadya.

She checked everywhere but couldn't find her file. She was looking worried about it. Arjun was enjoying the situation, and her reactions were cracking him up. Everyone submitted their reports except Aadya.

"Where is your report, Dr.Aadya?" he asked, trying to look as intimidating as possible. "Others may leave" he ordered.

"I prepared it, sir. I left it near the desk and couldn't find it now," she mumbled incoherently.

"Are you a school kid Dr. Aadya, giving silly reasons?"

"No sir. I really misplaced it," she said, keeping her head down.

"Ok then. In that case, write your report 5 times and submit it by tomorrow morning," he said with a smirk while Aadya nodded with a fake smile not having any other option.
.
.
.
.

Seems like Arjun is hard to convince and our poor Aadya is working hard for it🤭😂

Which team are you guys on - Team Arjun/ Aadya? 😎💕