Chapter 7: The New Mentor!!

“Papa!! Please drop me today na. I gave my scooty for servicing and I am already late.” said Aadya rushing downstairs.

“Sure, my bachcha! Just sit down first and quickly have your breakfast.” said her dad, Mr. Pankaj Mehra.

Aadya immediately took her seat and had her breakfast in a hurry. There’s no way her dad is going to let her go without finishing her breakfast. Ever since her mom’s death, he always took extra care of the kids. Despite his hectic schedules and business meetings, he always made sure to be there for his kids playing both the father and the mother’s role.

“Finished Dad! Let's go” said Aadya getting up from the table.

She is already late and the traffic condition in Mumbai made it even worse. Finally, she reached her college and is late by half an hour. 

“Thank you, papa. Bye” said Aadya hugging her dad.

She rushed to her department soon and found her colleagues and juniors discussing something seriously.

“Hello, guys! What’s the matter?” asked Aadya wondering.

“Oh god Aadya! Where were you? Why are you late?” asked Dr. Payal, her colleague. “You know right Dr. Sajjan Sir is our visiting faculty and couldn’t be present here always. So, we got a new mentor who will be leading the department. He has joined today and asked us to assemble in the morning. We have just now returned from that lion’s den.”

“Is he that strict?” asked Aadya.

“Go see it yourself! He was looking at our attendance report and case files. He noticed your absence and asked you to meet him when you come.” said Payal worriedly.

“Mam, He also asked about your leave seeing your leave letter which you have submitted, enquiring us about your absence this morning despite the completion of your leave.” said her junior, Dr. Rahul.

“I am gone now. Of all the days why should I get late today only and also why should he join today itself,” said Aadya cursing her fate.

“Calm down Aadya! Just meet him once and apologize to him for the delay,” said Payal.

“I will. Just wish me good luck with this oldie guys!” said Aadya.

“Wait wait!! Who said you he is old?” asked Payal.

“Aren’t our mentors usually some middle-aged or oldies?” said Aadya shrugging.

“Haha come out of that notion dude! He is exactly the opposite of that Aadya. He looks like some runaway model straight out of the ramp, though he is very strict. He has been working at AIIMS, Delhi previously and joined here recently due to our chairperson's special request. He has led many successful operations and has a very good success rate.” said Payal.

“Aren’t you the one who described his cabin as lion’s den, then why are you praising him now?” asked Aadya annoyingly.

“Haha! Good things should be appreciated dude!” winked Payal. “Now hurry up soon, you’re getting late”

“Ya ya! Will join you guys once I meet him” said Aadya rushing to his cabin.

Standing out of the cabin, mustering her courage she finally knocked on the door. “May I come in Sir?” 

She heard a faint voice saying “Come in”.

She entered the cabin and noticed him looking up from the files,

“YOU!!!!” said both of them in unison.