Chapter 15: The Dreamgirl💃

Returning from the jog, Arjun took out one fresh towel from his closet and went for a bath. As he got up early today, he had enough time to get ready. Leisurely whistling a tune, he finished his bath. Wrapping a towel around his torso, he entered the closet and opened his wardrobe to take out the clothes.

Meanwhile, Aadya who came to meet Prithviraj was searching for him and entered Arjun's room. At the same time, Arjun came out of the closet still in a towel.

"Aaaaaa" shrieked Aadya seeing Arjun. As a reflex, her hands flung to her eyes in embarrassment.

Arjun immediately turned back and put his hand on Aadya's mouth to stop her from shouting further.

"What's with you, girl? Isn't troubling me enough in the college that you started coming to my home?" scolded Arjun.

"Iwwwssrcchhngggffooorrrdaaddddduu" said Aadya trying to speak.

"What??" asked Arjun.

Aadya pointed towards his hand which was on her mouth. Arjun slowly removed his hands and that's when he noticed their proximity. He was mesmerized by the beauty in front of his eyes. Her innocent eyes, her trembling lips, her soft hairs covering her beautiful cheeks, everything reminded him of that night when she was drunk and kissed him. Though it was just for a fraction of a second, he felt it to be magical.

Thinking about that cute little moment, he put his thumb on her lips tracing them, looking into her eyes. Unable to bear the intensity of his eyes, Aadya involuntarily closed her eyes. Putting one hand on her slender waist, Arjun pulled Aadya closer and slowly leaned forward. Just as he was about to kiss, he was disturbed by the continuous ringing of the phone.

"TRRRRRRRRRR TRRRRRRRRRRR" the alarm rang.

Arjun suddenly jerked from his dream and was looking around the surroundings to once again ensure himself that it was just a dream. His face looked flushed thinking of the dream. It all felt so real to him. He then reached his hand over the alarm which had been ringing continuously.

"What does this dream mean? It must be the effect of the discussion I had with Pops before sleeping last night." thought Arjun convincing himself.

"Yeah, or maybe you are attracted to her" mocked his inner voice.

"Never. No way I am attracted to that minion." murmured Arjun shaking his head.

He soon got up from the bed, washed his face, and hit the gym to deviate his mind.

After 2 hours of vigorous workout, he took the shower and came out of the bathroom drying his hair with another towel. Suddenly he heard the sound of his doorknob twisting and turned back. His heart rate increased thinking about the dream this morning.

"Chachuuuu" screamed Ansh opening the door.

Arjun shook his head trying to stop his thoughts. Somewhere in his heart, there was a very teeny tiny bit of disappointment though he doesn't want to acknowledge it.

"Yes, my little champ!" said Arjun lifting Ansh in his arms and ruffling his hair fondly.

"Chachu down't spoil my hailstyle." scoffed Ansh.

"Sorry champ" apologized Arjun kissing on his cheek.

"Get ready fast chachu. Tolay you drop me to school" commanded Ansh.

"Yes boss!" saluted Arjun. "Go get your bag and have breakfast. I will join you downstairs."

"Okay, chachu," said Ansh and left the room to pack his bags.

Soon both of them quickly had their breakfast and got to the car. Arjun settled Ansh in the passenger seat and he got into the driver's seat.

"So, champ how is your school going on?" asked Arjun.

"Good chachu. I made new flends also" beamed Ansh.

"That's nice Ansh. But remember you have only one best friend and that is your sweet chachu" sighed Arjun dramatically.

"No. My best flend should have only me as his best flend but you have Aaryan uncle and Sanjay uncle so you can't be my best flend" frowned Ansh folding his hands over his chest.

"This is cheating Ansh. You can't ditch your chachu like this" whined Arjun.

"But I already have a best flend chachu," said Ansh pouting.

"Who is that person, who snatched my best friend?" asked Arjun wiggling his eyebrows playfully.

"My girlflend is only my best flend chachu," said Ansh blushing.

"What???? You have a girlfriend?" asked Arjun stopping the car as they reached Ansh's school.

"Yes," said Ansh grinning. "Don't worry chachu. You can be my second best flend. Now smile" said Ansh trying to cheer Arjun.

"I am honored," said Arjun laughing at his antics in amusement.

"Ok chachu. I am getting late. Bye" said Ansh placing a sloppy kiss on Arjun's cheek and got down the car, running towards his school.

Arjun waved at Ansh and then started his car. Reaching the hospital, he noticed Aadya and other postgraduates doing the usual morning rounds in the ward monitoring their patient's conditions.

Arjun couldn't help but notice Aadya who was scribbling something on the prescription pad. She was looking different today. A good different. Everything about Aadya seems to amuse him nowadays. Arjun cursed under his breath for deviating again. He quickly reached his cabin and gulped down the water to calm himself.

Taking out his stethoscope and apron, he soon joined the students discussing the cases and guiding them with the next line of treatment. He didn't even take a glance at Aadya while explaining everyone. He knew that he couldn't control his trail of thoughts once he looks at her. After discussing the cases with the postgraduates, he walked back to his cabin.

"Sir???" a voice called from behind.

***