Chapter 14: The Sweet Warnings!!

Here's the new update of "All of me loves of you💕" on the occasion of one of my lovely reader's birthday. Happy birthday Madhuri :)
.
.
.

"Hi, Pops! There wasn't much work today so got home early," said Arjun.

"There's no work or you are dumping YOUR work on those poor innocent students," asked Prithviraj sarcastically causing Arjun to choke on his drink.

"Mmm...nothing like that Pops," replied Arjun.

"Oh, Is it, then why am I hearing something else?" questioned Prithviraj.

"What do you mean Pops?" asked a confused Arjun.

"I heard from my source that you have asked one of your students to finish YOUR presentation. Don't you think you are torturing that poor soul dumping your work?" enquired Prithviraj.

"That was just like some punishment Pops. Trust me, it was just to teach her a lesson. By the way, why are you sympathizing with her, and on top of that why are you calling her a poor innocent soul. She is anything but that!" scoffed Arjun.

"Ohh, So what good deeds did that girl do to you, that you are showering her with such praises?" asked Prithviraj with the sarcasm laced in his voice.

"Don't even get me started Pops. If I start, the list just goes on. She hit my baby this morning. You know na how much I love my car. That's why I gave her that punishment." whined Arjun.

"What!! Aadya hit your car? Why did she even take her car out, she doesn't even have a license. Thank god it was you, or else the poor kid would have faced some serious trouble." said Prithviraj worriedly.

"You are thankful that it was me? You should be on my side Pops, not on hers. Don't forget that I am your sweet grandson and she hit my baby."

"Wait. How did you even know that she doesn't hold a license?" asked Arjun baffled.

"Ah...I know Aadya, Arjun. I was only the one who taught her driving too" said Prithviraj looking at Arjun sheepishly.

"Now I get the reason behind her amazing driving skills." mocked Arjun.

"Shut up you brat. She really drives well. Maybe she was in some hurry." defended Prithviraj.

"Of course! She is the Prime minister of India right, that she is super busy?" mocked Arjun again.

"Why are you behind her Arjun. Don't trouble that kid" said Prithviraj.

"You don't love me Pops. You are again backing her. How do you even know her?" asked Arjun.

"You remember my best friend Anand Mehra?" asked Prithviraj.

"How can I forget him Pops. From childhood, I have been hearing both of your adventure stories" replied Arjun.

"Yes. She is his one and only granddaughter. Her mother died when Aadya was a child and her father got busy with business. She is the apple of his eye. He loves her immensely but couldn't spare much time due to work. I promised Anand during his last days that I will always be there for Aadya and will treat her like my own granddaughter." Prithviraj explained.

"Ohh I didn't know Pops that she is Anand daadu's granddaughter. She is a devil with an innocent face just like our Ansh." smiled Arjun remembering her antics.

"Yes, Arjun. I must say she is a very naughty girl but her intentions are always pure," explained Prithviraj.

"I know Pops. She isn't bad but she just loves to irritate me and I just respond to her actions." defended Arjun.

"Does she know I am your grandson Pops?" he further asked.

"No Arjun. I haven't told her yet. I am thinking of telling her the next time I meet." answered Prithviraj.

"No no... don't say her Pops! We will tell her when the right time comes," suggested Arjun.

"Okay as you wish but I am warning you if I ever come to know that you hurt her I will never spare you," warned Prithviraj.

"Pops! You are MY grandfather for god's sake. You can't take her side and warn me. She is not the type who gets hurt, instead, she hurts others. She even stomped my feet in anger once. You know, it pained like hell. She also hit my baby today. She went on a trip and submitted a letter saying she was suffering from viral fever. Who does that Pops? Now you only say, isn't she wrong?" whined Arjun like a child complaining to his parents.

"Ahh Arjun beta, actually that idea was mine, not hers," said Prithviraj sheepishly.

"What?" asked Arjun shocked at this revelation.

"See actually Dr.Sajjan was in charge of your department before you joined, he was strict and wouldn't issue many leaves to postgraduates unless there are some emergency or health issues. I have said Aadya that I will talk to Dr.Sajjan and get her leave but she was adamant about not taking any favors from me, as I am the chairperson of the college. She has been working hard without any break so being her daadu, I just suggested her this idea because I knew it would definitely work out." explained Prithviraj.

"Pops this is really unfair. You have never supported me like this, when I was in school or college" complained Arjun.

"Don't put your grumpy face now. I will help you in the future when the right time comes." winked Prithviraj.

" winked Prithviraj