Chapter 37: First step to love!👣

"Come out on a date with me?"

Aadya's eyes bulged open hearing Arjun's request. She quickly pinched herself to see if this was a dream or not.

On the other side, Arjun was rubbing his hands in anxiety. Even though it was he who has asked her out on a date, he was still apprehensive about her response and was acting like a stupid teenager.

He knows he is risking their friendship for it, but he was ready to risk that for them. This wasn't anything preplanned, it is all an impulsive decision. It was getting hard for him to control his feelings whenever she was around so he thought to take this chance.

Aadya fidgets with her top, a habit she usually does whenever she is in confusion. She looks at Arjun eyeing him suspiciously, to know whether he is joking.

"I am not kidding Aadya. I am serious about this" Arjun stated his feelings realizing Aadya's thoughts.

Aadya was a nervous wreck in front of him. She gulped down the water placed on the table taking her own sweet time.

"Uhh Arjun, I don't know what to say!"

"I understand you Aadya. I just want to say that I like you, or maybe more than that. When and how it all started? I seriously don't know! I don't want to burden you with my feelings but I wanted to give US a chance to know each other more. So, would you like to go on a date with me? You can take your time. I don't mind whatever your answer is." said Arjun sincerely.

"Ohh god! I didn't know he could be this sweet. I'm sure, I will die with diabetes if he continues to talk like this. This version of Arjun is very different. A good different!" thought Aadya.

She likes Arjun too but love?

Not sure!

Aadya just nodded at him not knowing how to respond and got up to leave. Arjun looked down upset as he didn't expect her to leave like this in between.

"Arjun" he looked up as Aadya called him from the door.

"Text me the time and place. I will be there!" said Aadya with a smile and walked out leaving Arjun grinning behind.

He was resisting the urge to squeal.

"Aadya, you are impossible girl!" he shook his head and chuckled softly.

Aadya was walking back to her department with a full-blown smile on her face. She had taken a very important decision in the blink of an eye. But at that moment, it felt so right to her.

Her phone pinged disturbing her train of thoughts. It was a message from Arjun.

"Olive bistro, tonight?"

"Too eager, I see!" laughed Aadya looking at his message.

"Done. I will be there!" she typed back.

"No. Don't worry about that. Let me be your chauffeur for tomorrow! *wink*" he replied again in just a few seconds.

"Okay." she messaged and put her phone back in the apron's pocket.

"So, what's with this smiling and all huh?" asked Payal as Aadya entered their department.

"Nothing yaar. Just saw some meme a few minutes back" said Aadya dismissing her.

Later that day Aadya went back home soon. She was walking restlessly in her room unable to decide what to wear.

"Oh god! I don't have anything to wear" Aadya groaned in irritation.

"Why is my sweet sister frustrated?" asked Sid entering her room and lying on her bed.

"I was just finding a dress to go out but couldn't find anything proper!" whined Aadya.

"Come on di! You have so many in your wardrobe and still, you couldn't decide on anything. Why? Anything special today?" he asked wiggling his eyebrows.

"Uh, nothing...I am just going out for dinner with Arjun!"

"Date huh?" he teased.

"No..just casual dinner!"

"Ohh...then I will join you guys. I know Arjun bro won't mind" said Sid smirking at her.

"NO" Aadya replied immediately.

"But why? It's just a dinner right, I am coming!" he teased further.

"Fine. I am going on a date with Arjun so better you sit at home" said Aadya putting a full stop to his questionnaire.

"I knew it. I knew it." Sid jumped on bed excitingly.

"Now tell me how it all happened, I am all ears."

"Arjun asked me out for a date this morning. I was surprised initially and then thought of giving this a chance" said Aadya blushing.

"My sister is blushing huh?! I am very happy for you di. He is a good guy. If he troubles you anytime, just tell me, I will take care of that" said Sid getting into a protective brother mode.

"Yeah yeah! Whatever" said Aadya rolling her eyes.

"Here, wear this! You will look stunning in it" said Sid taking out a dress from her wardrobe.

"Aww, my little brother is all grown up, helping his sister choose a dress" teased Aadya pinching his cheeks.

"Eww, stop that di!" whined Sid pushing her hands away.

"I am leaving your room. You get ready" Aadya laughed at his antics and went to the bathroom to freshen up and get ready soon.

She came out of her closet wearing a beautiful red maxi dress, a little flowy from the waist. Pairing it up with a denim blazer, she looked ethereal. She left her hair open, curling it at the ends. Not a fan of any makeup, Aadya just put on some moisturizer and lip gloss, all set to go. She was a natural beauty indeed.

Aadya's phone ringed, showing Arjun's name. She put him on speaker and continued fixing her hair.

"Hey Aadya, are you ready? I will be reaching in two minutes" asked Arjun from the other end.

"Yes Arjun, I will be down." She replied and hung up the call. She took a final look at herself and went down hurriedly, informed her dad that she was going out for dinner, and instructed Sid to give him medicines on time.

Arjun was waiting outside in his car, tapping his fingers anxiously on the steering wheel. He was hell nervous too, just like Aadya. He turned his head outside when he noticed Aadya walking towards the car.

Her big brown eyes, and shoulder-length hair complementing her petite figure, not to forget that sexy dimples. He was mesmerized by her. She was looking innocently beautiful.

He got out of the car soon and went to the other side to open the door for her.
Aadya smiled at his gesture and got inside.

"You look stunning" he complimented taking a glance at her making Aadya turn red.

Arjun chuckled at her blush and jogged to his seat, starting the engine.

It's date-time ahead! 🎉🎉

How many of you are excited ?😍❤️