Chapter 31: Arjun and his minion❤️

"....7,8" counted Aadya when the door flung open.

"Is this how you are taking care of her Arjun?" asked Sanjay and Aaryan holding back their laughter.

Arjun immediately stood up correcting his position.

"Stop laughing and pass me the glass here!" Arjun forwarded his hand glaring at them.

They immediately shut their mouth and handed over the lemonade to Arjun.

"Here. Drink it!" said Arjun passing the glass to Aadya sitting beside her. Aadya was refusing to take, but with one glare from Arjun, she immediately gulped the content in one go and handed the glass to Arjun wiping her mouth with her shoulder.

"Wait!" Arjun stopped her and took his handkerchief wiping her mouth carefully.

"Ahem...Ahem," Aaryan smirked at Arjun while he soon retracted his kerchief from her.

"What shall we do now?" asked Sanjay.

"Most of the guests are leaving Arjun and I think your presence might be required there." suggested Aaryan.

"Yeah! Even I am thinking the same. Dad might be looking for me..." said Arjun only to be interrupted by someone's light snores.

He turned to see Aadya leaning her face on his shoulder and snuggling into him for warmth.

"This girl will be the death of me," thought Arjun.

Arjun slowly separated Aadya from himself and made her lie on the couch. He reduced the temperature of the room and covered her with his blazer.

"Watch this minion for a while, I will be back in 10 mins wrapping up the party," said Arjun giving a light peck on her forehead before leaving.

"Finally we have become Watchmans " chuckled Sanjay after Arjun has left.

"Yes! Instead of Best businessman we could nominate ourselves for Best Watchman too" laughed Aaryan.

Aaryan and Sanjay took another couch and started playing Ludo for some time while babysitting Aadya.

                                  ***

"Arjun where have you been? The guests were asking for you" asked Vikram.

"Pops gave me a small work Dad so was looking into it" replied Arjun.

"Uhh..yeah right! I forgot about that" said Prithviraj narrowing his eyes at Arjun but still covered up for him. Arjun got onto the stage and once again thanked everyone for being a part of this celebration and attending the dinner.

"Arjun have you seen Aadya anywhere? I promised her to drop her home after dinner." asked Prithviraj.

"Yes Pops. There was some emergency case so I have asked her to attend it. Meanwhile, I just came here to wrap up the event. Don't worry everything is under control. Please inform Mehra Uncle also. She might be required here" explained Arjun.

"Oh okay. Don't worry about it. I will talk to her dad Pankaj. You guys just take care" said Prithviraj patting his arm.

"I have already sent the family home. I and Dad will also leave in 10 minutes once the guests leave"

"Sure Pops. I will inform you if there's anything important. You take care" said Arjun and excused himself.

"Mr. Arjun Raichand, the new chairman of RIMS." Came a voice from behind when Arjun was about to leave the banquet hall.

He turned back to look at the source of the voice. There stood Dr.Nakul Ahuja in all his glory with his hands in the pockets and smirking at Arjun.

"Surprised seeing me?" he asked. "What are you doing here?" asked Arjun gritting his teeth.

"I didn't know you have lost your memory Arjun. As far as I know, my dad is also one of the shareholders of RIMS and I have full right to join the celebration" said Nakul coolly.

"Yea! That's great! Hope you enjoyed the dinner. If you excuse me now, I have some work to do." retorted Arjun and left the place.

"Go wherever you want Arjun, your end is near" smirked Nakul.

                                  ***

Arjun went back to his cabin and noticed Aadya rotating in sleep and was about to fall but he quickly holds her and settled her back properly on the couch. Sanjay and Aaryan were too immersed in the game to notice. Arjun then went and snatched their phones glaring at them.

"What yaar Arjun, I was about to win the game." whined Aaryan.

"I have assigned you to take care of her and you guys were playing games?" he asked.

"She was about to fall from the couch and you didn't even know!"

"Sorry, Arjun. We didn't notice that" said Sanjay.

"That's okay. Anyhow, I was here at the right time," replied Arjun.

"What's the plan now?" asked Aaryan.

"There is a room in my cabin at the department next block but it is not safe to stay there. Everyone will get to know. This is the only safe place on the campus because it is the Chairman's cabin so no one will come here. I will also stay here as there is a surgery tomorrow and will look after this idiot, she wouldn't be able to assist me in this condition." Said Arjun.

"You guys go home. It's already late. I will call you if there is any need."

"Okay, Arjun. Take care" both took their mobiles from Arjun and left wishing him goodnight. Arjun pulled a chair near to the couch and sat in front of Aadya to prevent her from falling further. He slowly tugged the hairs behind her ears which were disturbing his vision.

"See what have you done minion? I have been running on my toes since I have seen you in this condition. How could you be so careless?" he was scolding her sleeping figure.

The moonlight from the window was falling on her face making her glow.

"No matter what you do, you are still mine, my cute minion" he smiled to himself and kissed her forehead lovingly.

Arjun was caught off-guard when Aadya holds his hand all of a sudden and pulled him to herself in sleep.

"I don't know how we always end up like this, so close to each other" he smiled.

He let her hold his hand not disturbing her sleep and dozed off on the chair.