349

Chapter 65.6 Unbridled Puppet

You Wuming kissed her forehead heavily with a ‘muachh’ sound: “Thinking so much already? You really love me to death!”

Sang Yuanyuan: “Enough, the wings are coming out!”

Duan Ming carried the two people on its back, and bumped its butt out of the Royal City.

The puppet. Where will it be?

So small of a puppet, can hide everywhere and as long as it does not move, maybe it won’t be found for a lifetime too.

Sang Yuanyuan looked around. On this short street, there were countless places to hide——Under the cart, inside the bamboo basket, wine jars, rice jars, roof beams……

How to find it?

But it seems that You Wuming has an idea.

From time to time, his body gently swayed from side to side.

Duan Ming had been with him for more than ten years. It knew his body language very well. It lightly kicked all four hooves, made a few turns, and stopped outside a yard.

At first glance, there had been a funeral here.

It seems that there had been more than one funeral held here. Sang Yuanyuan fixed her eyes and found that the white banners hanging by the door were a mix of old and new. The new ones were only hung a few days ago, but the old ones had faintly turned yellow, and they looked more than a month old.

“The victim’s home?” Sang Yuanyuan asked softly.

“Yeah.” You Wuming replied lazily, “The first case. Listen.”

He motioned her with his raised chin.

Sang Yuanyuan looked around and saw a large flatbed carriage parked in the alley. She threw a big faced flower under the carriage, folded its face plate and squeezed it under the carriage.

A thread of spiritual vine crept out zigzagging and moved along the moss on the wall, then gently and skillfully turned into the courtyard.

In the courtyard, a couple seemed to have just returned home. They are both in the kitchen, one is starting the fire and the other is choosing vegetables.

Both of them have a deep ‘川’ character between their eyebrows. Their eyes are gloomy and listless.

When the fire was raised, the woman threw the rice and vegetables into the pot together, closed the lid, and left it alone. The couple sat on the kitchen threshold, holding their foreheads and sighing.

After a while, the water in the pot boiled dry, and the smell of burnt food floated out, but the two had no reaction at all. After a long time, the woman then realized and walked to the stove. She pulled away the firewood, scooped out the messily cooked vegetables and the unevenly cooked rice together. The couple silently finished chewing the food that couldn’t even be considered an edible meal. Then they went into the inner room and lay down on the bed together. They closed their eyes and didn’t say a word.

Sang Yuanyuan observed for a moment, but found nothing.

It seems that the death of the victim has caused too much damage to the relatives, and the couple have little ambition to live anymore.

Was it their child who died? That beautiful, little puppet, that once put on a crying face and was aggrieved, that once put its little hand on its lap and sat in a proper manner… Can it really kill a child?

But… It looks like there were two funerals here.

Sang Yuanyuan turned her head and glanced at You Wuming. She saw that he squinted his eyes and looked into the distance, as if he was thinking about something intently. So, she didn’t make any sound that could disturb him.

After thinking for a moment, she manipulated the spiritual vine and let it turn into the yard next door.

Sometimes, to get information, it is more useful to start with the neighbors.

The couple next door were talking.

The man said: “If you have nothing to do, go to the next door and try to persuade Old Zhang’s wife. I looked at her and saw that it seems she doesn’t want to live anymore. She had been wandering around the river outside for a long time at noon today. I didn’t dare to leave, so I followed behind her and watched.”

The woman said: “Then tell me how to persuade her? You already know my speaking manner. I say, she should be lighting firecrackers to celebrate it now instead!”