392

Chapter 72.6 The First Confrontation

Then she immediately leaned on his body softly, panting lightly.

You Wuming took a deep breath and put his trembling fingers on her neck to probe. When he found that her life was safe, he could not help but relax a little. Sweeping his sight, he found that the cavalry of Han state had quickly approached, and the vanguard was less than 100 zhang away from here!

He had accepted the three thunderbolts directly and his body was like being gnawed by ten thousand thunder worms at random, making him unable to exert any strength. Just now he thought that Little Mulberry was going to die, and all his attention was tightly tied to her body so he didn’t feel any pain. Now that his mind has slightly relaxed, it then suddenly feels so painful that he feels like being reborn and then dies immediately afterwards. Except for a grim smile, he couldn’t put on a second expression.

He clasped her tightly in one hand, held the sword in the other hand, and tried to stand up.

“Han… Shao… Ling…”

His red eyes looked a few zhang away and saw Han Shaoling was also struggling to get up, trying to pick up the severed arm that fell aside——As long as he picked it back, he could always find a way to put it back!

Within two or three breaths’ time, Han Shaoling’s heavy cavalry will arrive here, rescue their Lord and kill the immovable You Wuming!

You Wuming firmly looked at Han Shaoling’s hand that stretched out to take the severed arm, with blood-colored anger in his eyes.

He hasn’t been feeling like this for too long, feeling unable to do what he wants——He has already put out all his efforts like this, but still has to lose even the last bit of victory?

“You, Wu, Ming,” Han Shaoling vomited blood and laughed, “You, lose. Wait until, I, cure my hand, I, will definitely, use this hand, to destroy your… You state!”

You Wuming couldn’t even exert the strength to grit his teeth.

Just as Han Shaoling’s hand trembled and grasped the severed arm on the ground, he saw a big reddish-black head suddenly come out of the corpse pile behind him. With a heavy kick from the back hoof, its body flashed like a lightning, jumped past Han Shaoling and took away the arm in his hand that he held unsteadily in one bite!

The reddish-black lightning didn’t stop even for a moment. With Han Shaoling’s left arm in its mouth, it came to the front of You Wuming. After a sudden stop, it lowered its waist and shoveled You Wuming and Sang Yuanyuan onto its back.

Then its four hooves were spread and plunder past the surging wave of underworld demons like a bloody whirlwind.

Han Shaoling was caught off guard by this unforeseen event. In a short time of his dazedness, his arms were gone, the dying You Wuming was gone, and the Little Mulberry in the palm of his hand was also gone!

That reddish-black hairy lightning thing galloped into the distance.

“Lord! Lord, you… “When the cavalry arrived, they saw that Han Shaoling was missing one shoulder and arm. The General in charge was so angered that his eyes seemed about to pop out, and he knelt in pain in front of Han Shaoling.

Han Shaoling took a deep breath, raised his one arm and waved forward——

“Kill!”

The cavalry began to charge. The crossbowmen drew their bows and set up their arrows. The rows of arrows then rained like locusts, taking the lead to pounce at the fast-moving figure.

Under the rain of arrows, You Wuming has adjusted his posture, holding the reins with one hand and encircling the soft body of Sang Yuanyuan in front of him, while protecting her shoulder, chest and abdomen obliquely with the other hand.

Although Duan Ming’s speed is fast, it runs very steadily and without any bumps at all.

“Why don’t you bite him to death!” You Wuming said weakly and distastefully.

Amidst Duan Ming’s busy schedule, it turned its furry head back and looked at him very contemptuously.

“Awwuuu.” Duan Ming said vaguely while dangling Han Shaoling’s arm in its mouth.

Sang Yuanyuan weirdly understood its dog words once again——You are not dead, why should I seek death.

She can’t help but think of the original plot. After You Wuming died in the battle in Tiandu, Duan Ming knew that it would definitely die too, so it still decided to throw itself towards Jiang Yanji and was finally hit by Huangfu Jun into the sea of flames.

A drop of crystal tear swept across Sang Yuanyuan’s smiling lips, and flew away quietly in the wind. Although she was in great pain and the crisis of life and death had not yet been solved, she felt strangely happy at this moment.

Everyone is still alive.

Duan Ming was rushing from the left to the right, avoiding the rain of arrows hitting from behind them.

Without You Wuming’s help to shoot down those arrows, its movements were so messy and it was nearly shot several times.

You Wuming took a deep breath and there was a hint of chill in his voice when he said: “Where the hell did the puppet go?”

If it were there just now, it would surely be able to make a fatal blow to Han Shaoling!

Where the hell did it go?!