||87

Tuesday, February 28th 

Kaida 

--

 As we followed behind Appa, there was an air of unease, and endless questions going through my head. I looked back at Zuko who also looked very nervous. Was it a good idea to introduce him back to the Gaang after everything that happened? Especially so soon after our loss?

What was going to happen with the rest of the adults who were left in the Fire Nation? What are we going to do? How are we going to rescue them? My nerves were making me feel sick.

Hyo let out a sad 'Mee', he knew how I was feeling.

Soon there was a very large crack in the ground and Hyo started to descend toward it. "Why are they going down there?" I mumble to myself.

Zuko overheard me and chimed in. "It's the Western Air Temple, don't you remember we came here first all of those years ago." I looked back at him to see a very sad look in his eyes, he was clearly remembering what had happened.

When we came to the Western Air Temple, it was right after Zuko got the scar from his father and was banished. "That really was a long time ago," I said with a sigh, things were so much different then. Now we are working against the Nation that raised us.

"Instead of trying to hunt and kill the Avatar, now we are trying to train him, ironic." He mumbled, somberly.

"I think that's a pretty good change!" I said with a proud voice, trying to lighten the depressing mood.

"How do I know if I am even going to be a good teacher," Zuko shook his head. "You are the best teacher, how can I beat you?"

"It's not a competition. And if we are talking about the best teachers, that award has to go to Baba and Uncle Iroh." I turned around and gave Zuko a side hug. "It's going to be okay, everything that happens is supposed to, don't stress about it so much."

Soon we dipped into the air temple where the entire group was. I noticed that there was more than just the Avatar group here. We landed on the ground and the first to notice us, like always, was Toph, "Kaida!"

"Toph!" I cried out and hopped off Hyo. I ran and hugged her. Then I was met with everyone else hugging me.

"Where have you been?" Katara buried her face into my shoulder and it was clear that she was trying to hold back tears.

"I was helping Uncle Iroh." I confessed. "He was locked in prison, I got him out, I thought I had enough time. I'm sorry." Even I felt tears come into my eyes. How miserable, all of these people lost their loved ones, and I couldn't help them, now we were back at square one.

"Wait." Toph stopped everyone from speaking up. "Why did you bring him here?" Everyone's eyes snapped toward Hyo.

Zuko was standing there with an arm n Hyo, rubbing his neck. His eyes were on us, and everyone could see how nervous he was. "Hello ..." he raises his arm up in greeting and waves. "Zuko here."

Everyone visibly tenses up, and the gang prepares to attack. I held out my hand for them to stop. "Hey, I came with Kaida." Out of nowhere Appa... purrs at him and licks him twice. This leaves everyone shocked. Then I remember that Zuko helped me free Appa back in Ba Sing Se! This luckily killed Aang's nerves and I watched as he lowers his staff slightly. "I know you must be surprised to see me here."

Sokka speaks up, "Not really since you've followed us all over the world." I nearly laughed at that, but I stopped myself knowing that it is not the time.

"Right. Well, uhhh ... anyway ... what I wanted to tell you about is that I've changed, and I, uhhh, I'm good now, and well I think I should join your group, oh, and I can teach firebending to you." Even though it was really hard to listen to him fumble his words around like this. I was proud to see my student prevail in getting his feelings across. That made my stomach drop, he wasn't my student anymore, and I shouldn't be happy with his success.