||69

Monday, September 7th

Zuko

Hehe funny number.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

    I couldn't sleep. I couldn't eat. I only took strolls in the garden before returning back to bed. "Zuzu!" Azula called out to me but I completely ignored her. She stomped away when she noticed I was ignoring her.

    Not even a day later she had turned to different tactics. "Uh, Zuko." I was surprised to see Mai step out onto the path. This must be one of my sisters' tricks. I walked past her. "Hey," Mai said calmly grabbing my wrists.

     "We are going on vacation." I raised a brow. "All of us." She nudged her head in the direction of Azula and Ty-lee who were 'hiding' around one of the corners. Ty-Lee had a grin of excitement on her face, while Azula; Azula looked like she had just won a game.

    I looked back to Mai and shook my head, "I'm not going." I was going to throw up. I put a hand to my mouth. I felt the ghostly fire being ripped from me again. I got that feeling every once in a while to remind myself of what I did to Kaida.

    "Your dad said you must go." Mai was then cut off.

     "Sorry Zuzu, dad said that there are no kids allowed in the palace." She waved her finger as she approached me. I looked between Mai and Azula.

    "Dad said?" I looked at my feet, trying to keep the throw up down my throat. I needed to get out of here.

    "Yes and we leave at sundown," She patted me on the shoulder, before walking in the opposite direction. "Mai, Ty-Lee, come. Let's go get ready." She summoned her minions.

    "I'm so excited!" Ty-Lee cheered, but before I could hear Azula's response I was already turning the corner in a sprint. I didn't make it to my room, so I hurled in one of the plants.

    "I'm so sorry." I looked up at the sky. "I'm so sorry I killed you." I felt tears prickle my eyes. "I'm so sorry." I clenched my fists, my tears dripping off my chin.

    "I'm sorry."

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

    "I'm so excited to spend the weekend on Ember Island. It's gonna be great to hang out on the beach and do nothing." I sat in the shade, looking out to sea. Mai sat near, but I didn't pay attention to her. I was trying to figure out how Kaida could track heats. If I could learn... I could find her.

    "Doing nothing is a waste of time." I stand up, "We're being sent away on a forced vacation." I walk over to the balustrade, leaning on it to get a better view, "I feel like a child." Memories of Kaida and I playing with my mother, watching the yearly play. Going out to the beach,  pretending that the water was lava.

    I grabbed my chest as the memory. "Lighten up. So dad wants to meet with his advisors alone... without anyone else around. Don't take it personally." That was not what I was sad about. I was going to a place that had an overwhelming amount of memories that I would have to dig through.

    One of my dreams was bringing Kaida back to this place. I put my head in my hands, now that would never happen. I clutched my hair. I was so stupid.

    "Doesn't your family have a house on Ember Island?" Ty-Lee said from somewhere in the background.

    "We used to come every summer when we were kids. Well, us and Kaida." My heart jerked at her name.