||45

Wednesday, July 15th

Kaida

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

After days of traveling, we made it to one of the only entrances into Ba Sing Se. We now were on one of the ship bee-lining into the gates. "Who would have thought, after all these years, I'd return to the scene of my greatest military disgrace...as a tourist." He turned and looked at us with a hat on, I started to laugh.

"Look around, we're not tourists, we're refugees." He takes a sip from wooden bowl, groaned and spits it over the railing of the ship. "I'm sick of eating rotten food, sleeping in the dirt... I'm tired of living like this."

"Tell me about it." I sighed looking down at my new Earth Kingdom clothes.

"No!" I hugged the Water Nation's clothes to my side. "I'm not taking them off!" I turned away, if I take this off, I really would be leaving every memory of the gAang behind.

"Kaida." Iroh sighed, placing a gentle arm on my shoulder. "If there was another way, we would have tried it." I turned to glance at Iroh who was looking down at me sadly. I glanced at Zuko who also had a sad look on his face, the Earth Bending clothes in his hands.

"I'm not leaving them," I looked down at my clothes when I meet up with the gAang I will resume wearing them. If I see them again. I frowned at the idea of that.

A small smile pulled onto Iroh's face, "we would never ask you to leave them behind." He said with a small smile before chuckling, "better get moving or we will miss our boat."

I was drawn back the present from a very familiar voice speaking, "aren't we all?" My eyes widen as I kept looking forward out towards the sea. Was that Jet? Do not tell me that voice belongs to Jet of the Freedom Fighters. Zuko turned to greet them.

"Hey." That voice was also familiar, it was one of the girls I knocked out in order to save Sokka and the village that Jet was about to flood. Don't tell me I used fire bending, ugh maybe I did? No. No, I don't think so, our cover might be saved.

"Hello," Zuko said, his voice dull and unemotional, he was always like this with people who he has just met. He doesn't trust anyone anymore, and with reason, it's not like the world has been kind to him.

"Here's the deal. I hear the Captain's eating like a king, while us refugees have to feed off his scraps. Doesn't seem fair, does it?" Jet spoke from behind me as I looked out into the ocean eavesdropping on their conversation.

"What sort of "king" is he eating like?" I glanced at Iroh who turned and looked back at them. I didn't think that Iroh was interested in things like this?

"The fat, happy kind. You want to help us "liberate" some food?" I knew that was intended towards Zuko. "You and your friend can help us, she seems young." Oh, you have no idea.

"I'm in." Zuko looks over to me, "how about you?" I rolled my eyes turning around to face Jet.

"Kaida?" Jet's eyes widen, his mouth hanging agape. I smiled, crossing my arms and staring down my nose at him. "What are you doing here?" His voice trembled.

"Hello, Jet. Long time no see." He took a step back, fear flooding in his eyes. I look to the girl and boy behind them. Yeah, they were most definitely the people I knocked out. "You too, hope it didn't hurt too much when I knocked you guys out. At least you know now that it was for a good cause." The one with the bow nodded his head.