||53

Wednesday, July 29th

Kaida

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

    I smiled and stood, Hyo next to me, I put my hands on my hips, "looks like you guys still need me." I chuckle and rest both of my hands on Aang's shoulders. He looked up at me his eyes going wide before a smile came onto his face. "I'm sorry for getting angry earlier." I restated, looking at everyone in the group.

    "Does this mean you will be joining us now?" Katara raised her hands to her face in anticipation. I sighed and shook my head.

    "Zuko is at a critical point right now." He was changing and for the better, I bet if I worked hard on it, by the end of the week he would be on our side. "He is turning into a friend. He helped me free Appa." I showed a hand towards Appa.

    All of their eyes lit up, "no way!" I nodded my head proud of myself.

    "I will join up with you guys soon," I looked between all of them, all hanging on my every word. "You think you can survive until then?" I joked.

    "Who do you think we are," Sokka wrapped his arm around my shoulders, making me stumble forward a bit. I smiled at his response and soon everyone was chuckling.

    We talked a lot more, but soon it was time to say goodbye to everyone again. "We are staying at the palace now!" Katara shouted over the side of Appa. "Make sure to visit us daily!" She waved and I waved back to her.

     "I'll make sure to!" I looked at Hyo who was sad to be departing from me, though this time we knew it wouldn't be for long. I smiled at all of them as they flew off into the sunset.

    When they were fully gone, I lowered my hand, clutching it over my heart. I'm glad I made up with them, I didn't like the way I was acting. I smiled to myself, everything was turning out good again. I looked up at the sky. "Baba," I started to speak to myself, "it seems everything is going to work out."

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

    What I was not expecting when I got home was Zuko looking as if he was on his death bed. I had just opened the door to our new house, only to hear voices coming from within.

    "You did the right thing, letting the Avatar's bison go free." I nodded with that quietly as I took my shoes off. They were in the other room talking quietly to themselves. I raised my dress to my face to get the gross taste of body odor. I let out a gag, knowing I needed to take a shower. All that running really left a dent on my smell.

    "I don't feel right." My ears perked at that. Zuko, as much as he seems to like it, never complained about his health. He was always resilient and had the drive to move forward with his mission. Then I heard a loud bang.

     Iroh's voice of alarm echoed in the house, "Zuko!' There was the rushing of steps following after it. I rush up the steps and turn the corner to see Zuko ill on the floor, Iroh holding his head in his lap.

    "Zuko!" I shout and slid next to Iroh's side. "What happened?" I looked up at Iroh who was looking down at Zuko with a worried gaze. I reached out towards Zuko fire and felt there was a shift in the flame. Like one of the main ingredients that kept his flame alive was swapped out. Fear overtook me, this was bad, if someone changes so dramatically, their fire can go out completely. In his case losing the power to bend.

    I breathed through my nose, sending my flame through our bond. I saw him take a deep breath, his fire stabilizing. I opened my eyes to a blurry gaze. I clutched my head, "Uncle, he has a fever, I'm going to grab him a futon and water. Please stay with him till he wakes up."

    I wobbled on my feet, then my vision cleared, my fire replenishing. I got a grip on my footing and started into a run. "Futon, futon, futon." We had just moved and I didn't know we were keeping our low beds. I rummaged through every closet only to find it in the last one. I pull it out of the bottom shelf onto the floor.

    I bundle it up into my arm and start making a run for Iroh. Oh man, my legs want to kill me, I still haven't slept in gods know how long, and I was freaking tired, it was a miracle I sent the gAang off with a smile. The things I do for love.

    Love. My heart clenched at the word. Yeah, I loved Zuko. I ran back to Iroh and dropped the futon down. "I'll be back with water." I will surely sleep well today. Moments later I had a wet towel and a glass of water.

    "Here." I handed both of them to Iroh, I think he would know what to do.

    "Thank you, Kiada," I knelt down and Iroh took the water and placed it off to the side before grabbing the towel and placing it on Zuko's head. "I can take care of Prince Zuko from here on out," he put an arm on my shoulder. "You should sleep." He gave me a smile that said that I shouldn't refuse.

    I nodded my head, but then I hesitated to look at Zuko, "I don't think I should, he is my student." I put my hands on my lap.

    "I have thought this many times," Iroh looked me deep in the eyes his expression serious, "nobody would be mad if you wanted to take a break." Then there was a smile on his face again, "a break if good for the soul!" He put his hands on his belly and laughed.

    I smiled and pushed myself off the ground, "I'll take my leave then. I'll be in the next room, please wake me if he shows any signs." Iroh nodded my head. So I turned on my heel and went off to bed.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

   "Baba." I was wandering around our dark cave, though I was not my age, I was a little eight-year-old that couldn't walk quickly. "Baba," I called out for my father again. There was a movement in the darkness, I could feel it. Though it was not the dragon I was looking for.

    "Hello?" My voice aged into my current voice. I light my hand on fire only to see a little green spark fly across my face before retreating further down the cave. "What?" I asked myself as I started to run towards the little green light. We ran out of the cave as it was sunset. We ran towards the beach.

    "Hey wait!" I screamed at the green light, I needed for it to stop. I didn't know why, but the world was telling me to stop that blue light. "Stop!" Then all of a sudden we were at the edge of a cliff.

    The light transformed into a woman, a woman with my nose, mouth, and hair color. I gasped in shock when I realized who she was. "Mom?" She smiled, but then it turned into a scowl. She opened her mouth to speak.

    "No." I raised a hand to stop her, getting ahold of my dream. "I do not care about what you have to say."

    "Bold of you to trust the creatures who abandoned you," I rolled my eyes and turn on my heels. I would be dead before I listen to someone who has never looked out for my well being. When I turned I was back in the cave, faced to face with Baba.

    "Baba!" I smiled when I saw him, but he looked at me relived only to frown. There was something that distracted him from behind me.

    "Kaida?" His eyes widen as if I wasn't right there.

    "Baba?" I turn, only to see Hyo coming into the mouth of the volcano, with me passed out in his arms.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••