||47

Wednesday, July 22nd

Kaida

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

We had left the train after another round of goodbyes to the family with the child, I found it hard to leave them. I felt Katara on the baby, they had seen my friends. They were here or heading here. I looked up at the clear sky as if I would see Appa flying through it.

"I just want our new place to look nice in case someone brings home a lady friend." He gives Zuko a small nudge with his elbow. I raised my brow and crossed my hands.

"What about me?" I stared up at Iroh. He smiled down at me knowingly.

"For guys too." He rested a hand on my arm before giving it a loving squeeze.

"This city is a prison. I don't want to make a life here." Zuko said looking at all of the buildings around us. I put my hands behind my head, as I felt a familiar flame from behind me. I glanced back and saw Jet and his gang hiding in the shadows of the buildings.

"Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. Now come on, I found some new jobs, and we start this afternoon." I stopped dead in my tracks.

"You found jobs for us? So soon?" He nodded his head with a wide grin on his face. We walked where Iroh was leading us before we arrived in front of a large tea shop. Of course, it was a tea shop. The owner was waiting for us outside.

"Hello." The owner looked at all three of us. "You three will be a good addition to this humble tea shop. Come on in." He waved us in and we followed behind us. I heard Zuko grumble something under his breath. I don't know why he is so surprised to be working at a tea shop, of course, Iroh would sign us up for something like this.

"Here." He handed us our green and white aprons, and I turned and allowed Zuko to tie it on me. I couldn't ignore his hands brushing against my back every time he tucked the string through another loop. Then he turned and allowed me to tie it on him.

"Well, you certainly look like official tea servers. How do you feel?" The nice owner said with a smile.

"Ridiculous," Zuko grumbled, I punched his shoulder, hiding my anger behind a smile.

"It's very nice, I'm happy to be working here." I turned to Iroh to see he thinks, to see him desperately attempt to tie the string behind his back, but his effort is in vain.

"Uh, Does this possibly come in a larger size?" I raised my hands to my lips to hide my real smile. Iroh never misses a beat to brighten up the mood.

"I have an extra string in the back. Have some tea while you wait." The owner pours two cups of tea and hands them to us before heading to the back of the shop. Iroh takes a sip from his cup but quickly pulls it away, his face contorted in disgust.

"Eouw! This tea is nothing more than hot leaf juice!"

"I think it tastes fine." Before joining back up with Iroh and Zuko, I had forgotten what good tea tasted like. I was so used to this hot leaf juice that I didn't even notice what I was really missing.

"Uncle, that's what all tea is." I almost spit out my drink then, sometimes Zuko can be humorous and it takes me off guard.

"How can a member of my own family say something so horrible? We'll have to make some major changes around here." He sizes up the shop around him, I sit down, leaning back in my chair.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

We are done with work and Zuko and I was sharing a cot. We let Iroh sleep on his own because he was old and needed his space. I had my back facing them as I used my arm as a pillow. Who knew working in a tea shop would be so hard. Customers are just so mean sometimes. I missed my buddy Hyo, hope Ba Sing Se was treating him better than me.