||07

Sunday, June 5th

Kaida

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

The world was about to be filled with water. I sat in a tree right by the dam. Jet's idea of vengeance on the Fire Nation is to flood the Earth Kingdom town downstream. I didn't know what I could do about all this water. At the end of the day, fire dies to water. I knew when to hold and when to fold and this is one of those moments.

"Our plan is to rid the valley of the Fire Nation." Jet's voice echoed through the forest. My ears perked up. Who was Jet talking to? I jumped the trees to get closer to the voices.

"There are people living there Jet—mothers and fathers and children." Sokka? I grabbed the tree trunk and leaned, looking down at the two. Sokka never seemed to be the person to go off plan for anyone other than us. I frowned, looking at the situation unfolding.

"We can't win without making some sacrifices." I rolled my eyes. Jet reminded me of someone very familiar. Maybe I should write to Zuko about this situation. No, Kaida, pay attention.

I watched Sokka point a finger at Jet. The action was full of accusations. "You lied to Aang and Katara about the forest fire!" Wait. The forest fire he told us about caused by the fire nation wasn't true. He told us about it the day before, that was the thing that made us stay here in the first place. Aang took pity on him and decided it was worth the pitstop. My eyebrows raised, then I almost laughed. I raised a hand to my lips, I can't believe I actually trusted his words. It was a compelling lie, it wouldn't be something my nation wouldn't do. It's good to see that they indeed didn't do it.

I felt the mark on my arm start to burn. Something was about to happen. Someone's uncontrollable anger was about to be unleashed. I looked at both of them. Out of the two, Sokka was the most under control based off his energy, but it would seem to be the opposite.

"Because they don't understand the demands of war. Not like you and I do." I frowned, I see. Jet didn't like people going against him. I clenched my fist. He was a poor leader.

"I do understand. I understand that there's nothing you won't do to get what you want." For the first time, I actually agreed with Sokka. There would be nothing you can do to make this situation right. I thought of all the people in the village that are about to be murdered by someone who thought he was doing the right thing. I shook my head in disbelief.

"I was hoping you'd have an open mind, but I can see you've made your choice." My eyes were the size of dish plates as Jet ordered for Sokka to be tied up. So this is how he treats people who go against him. I shook my head in disbelief. Now I had to think of a way to free Sokka and ruin Jets' plan.

"I can't let you warn Katara and Aang. Take him for a walk-- a long walk." Jet ordered his friends. I hopped a tree. I watched one of them look up into the sky, but I hid behind the trunk of the tree. That was close.

"You can't do this!" How dare they treat a friend of mine like this. I was going to make him pay.

"Cheer up, Sokka. We're gonna win a great victory against the Fire Nation today." I almost threw up, as I watched Jet leave. Instantly, I jumped down and knocked out the two people out.

"Kaida!" Sokka gasped with a smile. "How long have you been up there for?" He asked as I started to untie him.

"Long enough to know who is the villain." I said, freeing Sokka. I watched the white ropes drop onto the ground. I stood and helped Sokka up. I looked down at the two people. "What do we do about them?" I gestured a hand to Jet's followers.