||57

Tuesday, August 4th

Zuko

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

   "Why Uncle?" How could he have teamed up with the Avatar? Everyone seemed to be betraying me lately. There was no way I would be first in Kaida's mind. It would always be the Avatar, and I was envious of him.

    "You are not the man you used to be, Zuko. You are stronger and wiser and freer than you have ever been. And now you have come to the crossroads of your destiny. It's time for you to choose. It's time for you to choose good!"

    I shut my eyes, absorbing my uncle's words. Before I can process this wisdom, we both startled by a violent quake. A trail of crystals shoots out of the ground until they reach Uncle, trapping him. I ready myself for an attack.

    To nobodies surprise, Azula and two Dai Li agents slide down from the tunnel we had entered through. Azula advances towards me until I was directly between my uncle and my sister.

    "I expected this kind of treachery from Uncle, but Zuko, Prince Zuko...you're a lot of things, but you're not a traitor, are you?" I stumbled forward, I cared about what she called me, though I would never want to admit it. Though my number one concern was my Uncle.

    "Release him immediately!" I shouted my fists still rise, ready to block any attack. My heels were still raised like Kaida taught me. I needed everything I could in order to beat Azula. I already lost to her once, I can't lose to her again.

    "It's not too late for you Zuko. You can still redeem yourself." Her words froze me to the spot. Was there really a chance for me to redeem myself? Or was this one of her tricks again?

    "The kind of redemption she offers is not for you." My uncle shouted at me. I glanced between both of them, unsure of what to choose.

    "Why don't you let him decide, Uncle? I need you Zuko. I've plotted every move of this day. This glorious day in Fire Nation history. And the only way we win is together. At the end of this day, you will have your honor back. You will have your father's love. You will have everything you want." This had to be one of her tricks. Right? Kaida pease tell me what I need to do! I clutched my head, a headache now forming in my temples.

   "Zuko, I am begging you, look into your heart, and see what it is that you truly want. I look back at Iroh and my eyes go blurry, firing me to hang my head, trying to come to a decision.

    "You are free to choose." I looked up to see Azula waves a hand to the Dai Li agents, signaling them to leave. Both earth bend a stone cube under their feet and slide back up the ramp. Azula departs through the tunnel Kaida had gone through.

    I couldn't control my mind. I was in complete turmoil over what actions I should make in his critical moment. Kaida would want me to join her. But my honor, my family. I held my head, sinking to the floor. "What do I choose?"

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Kaida

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

    "We've got to find Sokka and Toph." I nodded my head with Katara's statement.

    "I'll tell you when I get a trail on them." I felt like I was nothing but a bloodhound lately. The thought of it made me laugh. Though I was cut short due to a stream of blue fire rockets towards us from behind. Aang quickly turns around and earth bends a wall of stone to protect us. The fire hits the wall with great force, knocking Aang back.