||71

Sunday, September 20th

Kaida

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

     "Where did you run off too?" Lee came running towards me. We were still in one of the back alleys. Looks like he ran after me. "Wait- why are you crying?" He took my face in his hands and started to wipe away my tears. I gently moved his hands away from my face and took a step back.

    "Lee." I looked to the ground. I was going to destroy everything. I didn't have time for fun. "Do you know who I am?" I looked back into his eyes to see his confused face.

    "What? You're Mai." He said confusion written all over his expression. I shook my head and started to cry again.

    "No. I am Kaida, The Little Dragon, a traitor to the Fire Nation." I saw his body freeze up.

    "Mai, no you're not. The Little Dragon is cruel and turns her back on her lifelong friends." I smiled weakly, my tears stopping. I took out my sleeve and showed him my tattoo.

    "Is this enough proof?" He grabbed my hand and started to feel the grooves of the mark.

    "You're not." He let go of my arm, letting it fall to my side. "You can't be." He shook his head in disbelief.

    I put my hand on his shoulder. "We should go our separate ways now." I was leaving tonight anyways.

    "But you are my friend." His words startled me. Friend? Even after telling him, I was a traitor?

    "You were more of a friend to me than I ever was to you." I looked up at the sky. It was now dark. "It's dangerous for you to be friends with me now that Zuko knows I'm alive." This started Lee.

    "Was the boy that ran after you-" I nodded my head.

    "That was Prince Zuko." I hugged my arms to my body. "I will be going home now. You can call the Fire Nation army but I will be gone by tonight."

    "I'm not going to call the Army." Lee shook his head. "You are my friend."

    "I am a danger. I could get your friends and family killed just for being aquatinted with me." I look down at my feet before turning on my heels. "This is goodbye, Lee." My eyes prickled again. Why was I being such a cry baby? "I'm glad we were friends." I started to walk again.

    "Wait." He grabbed my arm stopping me. "Wait." He puts his forehead to my back. "Please just give me something to remember you by." Something to remember me by? I didn't have anything to give.

    I raised my finger to the sky. This must work because this was the only thing I could offer. Fireworks erupted into the sky, in shock, he let go of my arm.

     I turned back to look at him once more. It was just like the night before. He was memorized with them. I smiled to myself and slipped away into another alleyway.

    I will never forget you, Lee.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

    When I got back they were already packing to leave. Hyo ran over to me and gazed at me with worry. I opened my arms for him and he wrapped his body around me as I wrapped my arms around him.

    "Kaida where have you been- why are your eyes red?" Sokka started yelling at me then stopped mid-act. His voice was filled with worry.

    "Tough night." I let go and walked over to the pile of stuff that needs to be loaded. "Sorry I left you guys on your own."