||49

Friday, July 24th

Kaida

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

    It has been quiet after Jet had been taken away. We work diligently in order to sleep well for the night, wake up, and repeat the process. There was nothing to complain about. Zuko walked up behind Iroh and I who was helping unload the new shipment of teas that had just come in

    "We have a problem." I turn to look at Zuko as Iroh descends the ladder, "One of the customers is on to us. Don't look now," I couldn't help myself as I look back to see a girl sitting int he corner of the tea shop sipping her tea, a smile on her face. "Kaida," Zuko growled, I laughed in response, oopsies.

    "But there is a girl over there at the corner table. She knows we're Fire Nation." That made my expression darken, how did she know? Is she an assassin sent by Azula to kill us. I scanned her, she didn't look like a noble, or noble enough to run in the ranks of Azula. "Didn't I say don't look!" Zuko said again turning me around forcefully.

    "You're right Zuko. I've seen that girl in here quite a lot." Iroh spoke up and that piqued my interest. If Iroh has noticed her too. I reached out to grab her flame. I felt her, she wasn't a bender, much less a Fire Bender. "Seems to me she has quite a little crush on you."

    We both reeled back in surprise, "what?!" We shouted in unison. We looked at each other before looking back at Iroh.

    "Thank you for the tea." We jump and turn to see the girl we were just talking about. She hands Zuko a few coins who takes them and turns away from her. "What's your name?"

    "My name's Lee. My Uncle, sister, and I just moved here." Sister huh? My expression darkened, oh okay, I see how it is.

    "Hi Lee, my name is Jin. Thank you and, well, I was wondering if you would like to go out sometime?" I couldn't contain my surprise. Then all of a sudden pride filled me, this girl has guts, I have to give her that. She had the courage to ask Zuko straight forward while I have dancing around it for the last eight years.

    If he falls for her, she deserves it, as much it saddens me to say. Then I noticed that nobody has responded making Iroh step forward, taking action. "He'd love to!" Then I stepped forward, leaning close to her, whispering in her ear.

    "Go easy on him, he's never been on a date." I smile down at her who was grinning up at me.

    "Great! I will meet you in front of the shop at sundown." She practically skipped out the door with delight.

    I looked back to see Zuko standing bewildered as his uncle throws an arm around his shoulders with a large, goofy grin on his face again. "I don't even want to go out with her." He grumbled, taking a glance at me.

    "It will be fun!" Ugh, it was like a dagger going through my heart with every word. "It's a sister's job to encourage her brother." This time I took a jab at him. Turns out his love for me was really one of a brother and sister.

    I took a teacup that was sitting on the table and walked to the back, my mood in the dumps. I felt my tattoo start to flame up. I walk to one of the closest and shut myself in. I was enveloped in darkness. I raised a hand to my hair and run my fingers through it as I rested my head against the door. The only light was my tattoo.

    "Do you know where Kaida went?" It was Zuko's voice, why was he looking for me? After I felt his heat disappear I opened the door and walked out only to see Iroh looking at me knowingly.

    "You were in there for quite a while." He had his arms crossed a goofy grin on his face.

    "Yeah." I looked down at the floor. "I hear there is a festival going on. I'll be going out tonight." Iroh raised a brow.