||13

Saturday June, 13th

Kaida
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

I jumped with fear as a fireball landed in the canal next to me. I knew it wasn't going to hit me because I saw it coming. I was off to find help with Katara at my side. Katara had grown to be such a great water bender in such a short time. I used to have to be the one to protect her, now I trust that she has my back.

I heard Aang from behind, "Yip! Yip!" I looked back to see them launch themself from the wall and fly off towards the ships in the distance.

There was another ball of fire that was shot at us, and it langed almost right next to us sending ice and snow into our faces covering us. I let out a scream as I jumped onto Katara.

Down the wall, Sokka was searching frantically for his sister, "Katara!?" He yelled at the snow covering us. "Kaida! Can you hear me I'm coming to get you!" I started to shiver before setting my body in fire, protecting Katara and getting us out of here. Slowly the snow melted and we climbed out.

"I hate the cold." I grabbed my sides and started to shiver. I used my hands to heat myself. I looked back at Katara who nodded her head with a smile.

"Thanks for protecting me... again." She sighed in defeat.

"Hey." I punched her arms. "You protect me more than you know." I smiled.

"You guys!" Sokka ran and hugged us. We wrapped our arms around him. "You guys scared me!" He gave us a squeeze and we returned it. "I got to go. The warriors need me." He let us go before turning on his heels.

"Be safe!" He waved and I got a flashback to Prince Zuko. I hope he is okay.

"Be safe!" Katara and I said in unison. "Where do we go now?" Katara looked up at me, waiting for instruction.

"They haven't breached the wall yet, there is no point to be out here, let's go talk to Sokka's girlfriend. She will find a place for us." I looked out of the wall towards the ship.

When met up with Princess Yue at the Palace, she was looking off into the far distance, something clearly on her mind. Before we could announce our presence, she started talking, "they've stopped firing."

"Already?" I said with a gasp. Soon Appa swoops down in front of us. Katara pointed at Aang from beside me.

"Aang!" She shouted as they landed on the ground. We all looked at each other before running towards them. Aang had a frown on his face which only made me fear the worse.

"I can't do it. I can't do it." He said dejected putting his head in his hands.

What in the world happened out there that made him act like this? I was about to open my mouth but Katara beat me to the punch, "what happened?"

"I must have taken out a dozen Fire Navy ships, but there's just too many of them. I can't fight them all." Aang said dejectedly. Our eyes widen, this is not the time to give up, this was war.

"But, you have to! You're the Avatar!" The Princess stated her hands flailed out. I understood her distress, I started to feel the tension start to rise as well. Was there anything that I could do? I raised my hands to the roots of my dark hair.

"I'm just one kid." He sighed defeated, burning his hands into his arms. I turned to the side to see what Katara was thinking. I just watched her move, her eyes only on Aang. I watched her sit down next to him and pull him into her arms.

To change the subject I turned to Sokka's girlfriend and looked up at the sky, "why do you think the Fire Nation stopped attacking?" I knew for a fact that the Fire Nation was not the type to pull punches when they do something; they are 100 or nothing.