||25

Thursday June, 25th

Kaida

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

    We were on Appa once more, on our way to get Aang an earth bending teacher, we had just left Omashu, which was a whole problem in it of itself, though we were told that if anything was going to happen, we needed to find Aang and Earth Bending master and now.

    Sokka drew me from my nap, "Hey, you takin' us down for a reason?" I sat up, stretching. I looked over the side, and we were indeed moving downwards, but what was even more peculiar, it seemed like a dense forest below us.

Sokka raised his voice to get Aang's attention, "Aang!" I watched Aang flinch awake, "Why are we going down?" He asked again. I looked over the side and there was something about the swamp below us that didn't sit right.

   "What? I didn't even notice." He pulled the reigns and steaded us as a good pace. I leaned back down, I glanced over at Katara who was looking a bit worried.

    "Are you noticing now?" Sokka said throwing out his hands towards the forest. This made Katara stand up and walk to the front.

     "Is something wrong?" She asked the both of them.

      "I know this is gonna sound weird, but... I think the swamp is... calling to me." Aang said looking down at the swamp. I felt a chill hit my skin, I stood from where I was. There was a change in weather, I can detect the heat of the cloud and that's how we avoided storms.

    "Guys," I said, my eyes widening at the funnel forming in front of my eyes. Where in the world did this thing even come from?

     "Is it telling ya where we can get something to eat?" Sokka said from behind me.

    "Guys," I said getting louder. I took a step back.

     "No, I... I think it wants us to land there." Aang said quietly, I watched the funnel disappear, hm, maybe it was a fragment of my imagination.

    "No offense to the swamp, but I don't see any land there to land on." Sokka started again.

    I don't know... Bumi said to learn Earth Bending I would have to wait and listen, and now I'm actually hearing the earth. Do you want me to ignore it?" Bumi was the person who we met in Omashu, assuming he would be the one to teach Aang, but he was told to find someone else.

    "Yes!" Sokka shouted, but I just kept my eyes on the weather, it kept changing like someone's mood.

    "I don't know... There's something ominous about that place." Katara said with an unsure tone of voice.

    "Okay, since everyone feels so strongly about this... bye swamp." Then the funnel started to form again at a quicker rate. My eyes widen to the size of dish plates.

    "Guys. We have to go. Now!" I shouted and they looked over their shoulder at me.

    "Yip! Yip!" Aang flicked the reigns and Appa started flying faster.

   "You better throw in an extra "yip"! We gotta move!" Shouted Sokka as he looked back at the tornado.

    "Everone needs to hold onto something!" I shouted as I hit the deck and grabbed onto the holes in Appa's saddle.

    Appa tries desperately to evade the tornado. Aang manipulates the reigns furiously. The tornado is right on top of us, however, and we are unable to distance ourselves. As the whirlwind bears down on us, Sokka is blown off the saddle. Katara catches his arm and holds onto him. As Sokka screams, Aang jumps out of the driver's seat and onto the saddle. He instantly creates an air bubble around us and Appa, just as we are sucked into the tornado. Sokka falls back into the saddle as Aang struggles to keep out the whirlwind. He fails as one of Appa's toes begins to stick out of Aang's protective air blister. Aang's barrier collapses and we are engulfed in the tornado, which throws us out in all different directions.