||05

Friday June, 5th

Kaida

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

     "Sokka! Can't you make it go any faster?" I asked, running down to the coal room so maybe I can burn some coal faster.

    "Maybe if you can cut the ropes on my hands!" He shouted at me.

    I laughed hard I totally forgot I didn't cut them. I noticed my mannerism was starting to change with this group. Before, I was only concerned about how horrible people are, and trying to stop that, and not get burned by humanity's fire. But even as our lives are on the line, I can't help but laugh with my friends. "Fine... I guess I have to." I sent a little spark of fire towards his ropes.

    "Ouch! Gentle! Fire hurts!" Sokka said, soothing his wrists.

    I rolled my eyes, "I know that didn't hurt." Before running down the steps to the coal room. I knew this ship well, from what feels like a past life when it was only just a few weeks.

    "I don't know how to steer this thing! This thing wasn't made by the water tribe." I overheard right as I opened the door to the lower levels.

I heard a grunt from the side. I knew that voice. I turned to the side to see that pirates were about to board our ship. "Aang!" I shouted. He needed to be aware of what was going on. Instantly, I saw Katara and Aang jump onto the deck and start fighting off the bad guys.

    It was hard to fight off both friend and foe, but we managed. I saw Katara swing a large body of water, making me jump high into the air to dodge it. Lucky for us, this water sent the remainder of the pirates off the boat.

    "Hey, you did the water whip!" Aang said with a smile. He high fived her.

    "I couldn't have done it without your help!" Katara said with pride. I smiled for her.

    "So what am I? Chopped liver?" I joked.

    "Thanks for your help too, Kaida." She came over and hugged me. She seemed like a sister figure to me now. Even though she was my age, she seemed like a little sister I needed to protect.

     Then there was a scream from the other side of the ship, "will you three quit congratulating each other and help me out!" Sokka yelled. We looked at each other and laughed.

     After a lot more fighting, we finally cleared the boat.

     "The boat is sinking!" Cried Katara.

     "This would be a good time to abandon ship. Where is Appa?" I asked for my flying friend.

    "Oh! This had come in handy!" Aang said from behind me. I looked back to see him bringing a whistle up to his lips. It let out a loud noise that made me cover my ears.

    "What is that?" I asked with a brow raised. I looked around me, watching to see if anyone else was trying to get on board.

    "I got it at the market." He was all smiles, then all of a sudden Appa flew overhead.

    "It's good to see that it works." Then something hit me. I looked to the shore to see Zuko and Uncle Iroh.

     "I'll be right back!" I said with a wave, "you can leave, I'll catch up with you." I said with a smile before using my flames to propel me towards the shore.

    "My boat!" Zuko cried, his hands on the back of his head.

     "Hehe, Prince Zuko, you're really going to get a kick out of this. The missing lotus tile was in my sleeve the whole time!" I laughed at Uncle Iroh, as I landed behind them. I raised a brow, was Iroh missing a Pao Sho tile?

    "Ah, Little Dragon." Uncle Iroh said turning around to face me. "It's good to see you when we aren't fighting you." I laughed again while I hugged him.

     "What are you doing here?" Zuko said with a grumpy look, but he made no move to attack. I just held my hand out to him.

     "I think you have something that doesn't belong to you," I said with a grin.

     "Why should I give it to you?" He said, pulling Katara's necklace out of his pocket.

    "Why wouldn't you do it?" I rolled my eyes. Zuko's frown deepened, "it's the right thing to do. C'mon, my arm is getting tired." I ushered for him to give it to me with my fingers.

    He let out an exaggerated sigh, "Fine. Here." He placed it in my hand and wrapped my fingers around it. "I have something else." He put his hand to his waist and he pulled out a white paper. "This is the reply." The paper was rolled up I took it and held it to my chest.

    "You better have given me questions to reply back to," I said, sticking my tongue out at him.

    He raised a brow, "I'm not sure enemies should do that." A small smile cracked onto his lips. It was so rare to see something like that.

    "Speaking of enemies..." I put Katara's necklace in my front pocket. I raised my hand still wounded from his fire. "Ouch." I glared at him, and watched his expression darken into a frown.

    "It wasn't meant for you." He shook his head, "but anyways," he sighed, "I'm sorry for hurting you."

     "Apology accepted." I smiled, and looked at Appa going off into the distance. "Well, I better go." I looked at both of them. "I'm sure I'll see you both again soon." They both nodded, smiles returning to their faces.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Zuko

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

   When I returned to camp I took out the letter that Kaida had given me on Kyoshi Island.

    Dear Zuko,

      By the time you receive this, I'll probably be long gone, but currently I am camping out on the shores of Kyoshi Island! Who would have thought that someone with my Fire Nation ties would be allowed to stay in a sacred place like this?

     I can't really go into town because, well, my dragon mark is pretty blatant for everyone to see. I'm not ashamed of my mark. The mark of the dragon is something to be very proud of. It's a shame to see the symbol be tarnished by the Fire Nation.

     How are you? You better be eating well. I know how you get caught up in finding Aang. Speaking of Aang, he's a sweet kid, and I worry about the burden that weighs on his back. It is clear that he is still yet to learn the mark he is to put on this world. Similarly to you.

    I miss you Zuko,

       Kaida

    Kaida's smell was still on the paper, it was clear that she had it on her for a long time. I didn't want to admit it, but I was worried about when the smell would fade. I grumbled rolling over in my sleeping bag.

    "Are you thinking about her?" Uncle said from the table next to me. He was drinking a cup of tea before bed, like normal.

    "Shut up, Uncle." I rolled to the other side once more, only after putting the note under my clothes. A place where I wouldn't forget it.

    "You are lucky she forgave you," Uncle said with a serious tone. "You wounded her pretty badly," then I heard the slurp of tea.

    "She knows I didn't mean to hurt her." I perched myself up on my elbows.

     "Mm" Uncle hummed into his tea. "Men have been abandoned by doing much less."

     "She had already abandoned me." I laid down again back still facing him. I closed my eyes, ready to drift off to sleep.

    "No. No, Prince Zuko, she has not."

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
✨comment And Vote Please✨