||21

Sunday 21st, 2020

Kaida

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

It was the next morning and I was looking up at the top bunk wide awake thinking about what happened last night. I toughed my dragon mark, I changed clothes right after the battle against the fire nation. I wore now a magenta dress that the water tribe made me. Katara suggested it, "you are a family to the water tribe, but you shouldn't be scared of your origins." She combined the two colors and handed it to me.

It was a beautiful warm dress, it was sleeveless, but had a high collar, very fuzzy on the underside, it was like the water tribe was hugging me wherever I went. It was very sweet and I won't be switching my attire any time soon. If I have a say, that is. I saw movement in the corner of my eyes. It was Aang, he walked over to Katara, she was fast asleep, or ignoring him, one of the two. He looked to Sokka who was sleeping in the bed above me.

They traded some sort of signal with their eyes, and a second later Sokka was hopping down from his bed. "Where are you guys going?" I perched my head upon my arm, turning to face them in their beds.

Sokka turned on his heel, wide-eyed. "You're awake?" He looked like nervous like he just awaken a sleeping dragon. Well, technically speaking, he did.

I rolled my eyes, "yes," I sighed, softening my facial features, "where are you going." I stated again, making sure I got the message across. I glanced over to Aang who had a frown on his face.

"I'm supposed to meet with General Fong in five minutes." He said with a whisper, with those words I flipped my covers off.

"Then I'm coming with you, lets go," I hopped out of bed and lead the way to the door. I noticed that their footsteps weren't following mine, I took a glance back with a raised brow, only to find surprised expressions on both of their faces.

"I thought you didn't like the idea of Aang glowing it up." Sokka crossed his arms, narrowing his eyes at me suspiciously. I rolled my eyes again, turning my back to them.

"I don't," I huffed, "I'll explain it on the way, let's not wake Katara." I started walking again and this time they followed.

"Well?" Aang peeped from behind, "what changed your mind?" Aang ran up to my side and glanced up at me, hope swimming in his eyes.

I let out a sigh, "I don't agree with this," I stopped and put a hand on his shoulder. "But," I closed my eyes and let out a breath of fire through my nose, I thought back to the words of Baba. "But," I started again, "I will protect and help you with all your decisions. Good or bad." I patted him on the shoulder. "Let's go, before we are late." A began walking again, Sokka fumbled to keep up with me now, while Aang hung back for a second before following.

"Kaida," Aang called out my name. I looked over my shoulder, along with Sokka, but we didn't stop our walk. "Thank you." He gave me a soft look and I nodded with approval.

"Hey!" Sokka shouted, "what about me? I was on your side the entire time!" He flailed his arms. I laughed and wrapped his arm around his shoulders.

"You are such a meathead!" I kept laughing all the way to the chambers, ignoring Sokka's screeches to defending himself. Though my laughed died in my throat. Aang opened the large doors with his air bending skills

"Good morning, Master Avatar and Brave Sokka!" He ignored my completely which rubbed me the wrong way, but I sighed, moving on. I could burn this place to the ground if I wanted too. "It is good to see that the Little Dragon has came to her senses," he looked at me a fake smile on his lips. I grabbed Sokka's arm and squeezed it.