||22

Monday June 22nd

Zuko

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"We're going home. After three long years. It's unbelievable." I trailed behind Uncle Iroh, though something didn't feel right. Going home without Kaida? My stomach dropped. I didn't want that. Though I looked out to the sea and a fire nation ship at the dock.

"It is unbelievable. I have never known my brother to regret anything."

"Did you listen to Azula? Father's realized how important family is to him. He cares about me." If I don't take this now, I would never get this chance again. After I become a rightful prince again, I can get another ship and search for both Kaida and the Avatar. I can have crew members again.

"I care about you. And if Ozai wants you back... well, I think it may not be for the reasons you imagine." Iroh broke me out of my daydream with news I didn't want to hear. I whirled on him, rage now fueling my inner fire.

"You don't know how my father feels about me." I huff, squaring my shoulders stiffly, "You don't know anything." Only person that truly understood me was Kaida, and she wasn't right here now. I frowned, she should have gotten my letter right now.

"Zuko, I only meant that in our family things are not always what they seem," Uncle spoke with this annoying softness to him. I hated my family, we were all backstabbers. We did whatever we could to survive and win.

"I think you are exactly what you seem: a lazy, mistrustful, shallow old man who has always been jealous of his brother." I snapped at him and I instantly regret it, but my pride wouldn't let me admit it. I turned on my heels and stormed down the mountain towards the ship at the dock. Iroh said something but I couldn't hear and personally didn't want too.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"Wait!" I whirled on my heels at the call. I looked to see Iroh descending down the side of the mountain, intantly my face perked up."Don't leave without me!"

"Uncle! You've changed your mind!" I said with eyes raised. I didn't think he would.

"Family sticks together, right?" I nodded my head, I knew I could keep him by my side. I remember in a letter Kaida wrote to be a little while ago about having a second hand. As I walked away from him, I was sad that I was abandoning him. He really was my right-hand man. Iroh puts a hand on my shoulder. He smiles happily.

"We're finally going home." I sighed in disbelief, though a feeling of sadness ate away at me. I always thought I'd go home with Kaida by my side. But it's odd, even though she dines with the enemies, I know she was a friend. A very close friend. More than a friend maybe, if she would allow it.

I was cut from my thoughts by my sister, "Brother! Uncle!" I bowed my head to her, it was a gesture of greeting, before boarding a friendly boat. "Welcome. I'm so glad you decided to come."

What seemed to be the captian spoke, he wore black armor, covering his face, "Are we ready to depart, Your Highness?" I rose my head to look Azula, and I started to climb the steps up towards the deck.

"Set our course for home, Captain." I imagined longingly at the memory of the castle. The turtle ducks, its going to be different not being there with Kaida. Even though she was only there for a short while, the palace isn't the same without her.

"Home..." I spoke longingly.

"You heard the princess! Raise the anchors! We're taking the prisoners ho—" I watched him stop, realizing his mistake. My eyes widen as I dropped into a stance. I looked at my sister's face to see her furious. I had been betrayed.