||29

Monday June 29th

Zuko

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

    I had split up with my Uncle and was now traveling on my own. We needed to go our separate ways, he was just holding me back. I needed to capture the Avatar, restore my honor, and bring Kaida home. I had a lot to do and wouldn't let that old man slow me down. I was riding an ostrich horse that I had stolen, now that I think about it, Kaida wouldn't like the person I am acting like. I sighed pulling down my round, coolie type hat. I was hungry, starving, and I needed water. I looked up ahead to see a village, I felt my heart lift.

    While I have been riding on this ostrich horse along the outskirts of the Earth Kingdom, I have had a lot to think about. Most of them consist of Kaida, worrying about her. I remember reading her letter while I had just got onto the road. I couldn't write a long reply, I actually had to rip off a piece of a flyer in order to respond. I didn't have money to spend. I didn't have time either, but I didn't want to not reply to her.

    I raised a hand to the strap that went across my chest that went to a backpack. The backpack consisted of two simple things, the box of letters from Kaida that I treasure, water, and what used to be food, now long gone. It was odd when I received her letter and the dragon didn't dissolve into ash, but instead flew off, probably back to where she was.

    More than myself, I worry about her. She was traveling with the Avatar while being an enemy to the Fire Nation, yet she is Fire Nation and won't be accepted by any other Nation because of it. I'm sure she is facing many hardships. I gripped the reigns, I shouldn't be thinking about this. I looked up and focuses on the town in front of me.

    She wouldn't want me to be worried about her. Or would she? I shook my head, unsure.

     I ride the ostrich horse over a rope suspension bridge. The ostrich horse puts a foot through one of the planks and almost loses its balance. I almost swore as I acted quickly moving to the right and the animal continues crossing the bridge.

   I was inside the town now, ready to eat a nice meal with whatever is left of the money I have stolen from the wealthy on the way. I clicked my tongue, I would never speak to Kaida about this. She would hate me for it. She was Nobel above anything, always trying to do the right thing. I missed her.

     I walked past a few people with Earth Kingdom clothing around a campfire. I see the food cooking and clutch my stomach. I was so hungry. Maybe I should steal it from them. I put my hand on my swords, there was a man. I moved closer only to notice that it was a man who approaches his pregnant wife who reclines against a tree. He rubs her belly and smiles at her.

    I put my head down, I wouldn't be that low. I looked back at the wife, what if that was Kaida and I? I frowned, I kicked my animal and moved deeper into the town. When I got to a store that I thought would sell food I hopped off and tied up my animal. I passed a group of soldiers on the way.

    "Come on, spider snake eyes..." One of them spoke, then it was followed by a "Yeah!" I shook my head, shouldn't they be guarding this town? Guarding it against people like me. I shook my head, maybe it was a good thing that they were too busy in their little game.

    I walked up to a stall that was selling food, "Could I get some water, a bag of feed, and something hot to eat?" My voice came out raspy, I was in dire need of water. The old man looked rugged like he as well hasn't seen food in a while. That was not a good sign.

    "Not enough here for a hot meal. I can get you two bags of feed." My frowned deepened, I guess that will have to do. I sighed looking down in despair. If Kiada was here, she would at least keep my spirits up. Then I notice a few kids peek out from the alley next to the stall.