||04

Thursday June, 4th

Kaida

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

    I hated pirates, but more importantly, I hated selfish people. Katara had selfishly chosen a water scroll over the safety of the group. After a long visit with the spirit realm, we were once again faced with Zuko. Though it was unbeknownst with me, because I was in town getting food for dinner.

     "Hey! I got the-" It seemed that I had missed a whole brawl between Zuko, Pirates, and the Gaang.

     "My mother's necklace! How did you get that?" I hid behind a tree, I don't think it would be good if I got involved. I put the basket of food onto the ground. I should probably get Katara out of this pickle.

    "I didn't steal it, if that's what you're wondering. Tell me where he is." I couldn't help but flinch at Zuko's voice. I glanced back to see him with his arm crossed and Katara's necklace in his hands. I felt the heat of his body, he wasn't lying. People who are lying start sweat significantly more than when they are not.

     "No!" Loyalty was in this girl's blood and I admired her for it.

     "Give it back to her Zuko." I crossed my arms, walking out from behind the tree. I stood beside Katara and held up my fists, ready to fight the group ahead of me. Katara was a water bender, but a poor one at that. I'm sure she wouldn't be much help in this situation. I had to be ready to protect her from the people that were about to attack us. Zuko's eyes widen, before narrowing.

    "Not without the boy," Zuko grumbled.

   "Enough of this necklace garbage. You promised the scroll!" The pirate captain ordered taking a step forward which made us take a step backwards.

    Zuko lit his hand on fire and put the scroll over it like a roast over a campfire. "I wonder how much money this is worth?" There were screams and cries of no from the pirates. "A lot, apparently. Now you help me find what I want, you'll get this back and everyone goes home happy. Search the woods for the boy and meet back here."

    Defeated, the pirate captian sighed out a sad, "Fine."

    "Katara go get Aang and Sokka and tell them to run. I will hold them here." I sent a wave of flames out to the side, stopping the pirates from moving even a step.  I watched the pirates stagger back with fear.

    "I'm not leaving without you!" She cried and it made me inwardly groan. She didn't understand the need to get the avatar out of this situation. I can take these people on, but I didn't want this town to suffer like Kyoshi Island.

    "Get the girl!" He pointed to Katara.

     "No! Leave her alone!" I sent punches of fire at them. I wasn't trying to hurt them, so Zuko dodged, and to my surprise, he sent hot fire at Katara, not me. "Move!" I reached out my hand, grasping the fire, but it burnt my flesh. "Ugh." I held my hand to the side, grasping it with my free hand.

    "Kaida!" Zuko shouted with fear, but I was furious. There was no way Katara would have blocked that. She could have been seriously injured.

    Soon the pirates moved behind us, enveloping us. There was no way I could get Katara out of this mess. In defeat, I raised my hands. "Kaida?" Katara said meekly.

    "Hands up, we cant win." I glared daggers into Zuko's eyes.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••