Chapter 8 - 1 May 2021

"Please have dinner with us?"

I choked on my spit, coughing trying to clear my airways. Getting hold of myself, I looked over at Soph, who was nodding her head so fast I was worried she would shake her brain out of her nose. "Sure, we'd love to," I accepted, cheeks flushed from the embarrassing sounds I'd just made.

I laughed loudly seeing Jungkook and Hoseok doing their signature hand happy dance; you know the one from that epic RunBTS skit episode? 

An embarrassing snort erupted, mortifying me even more. Thankfully it only caused everyone to giggle with me. They could have teased me about the pig-like noise my throat made, but thankfully they didn't.

The black SUV Sophie and I rode in earlier, along with a luxurious minivan were used to transport everyone to the restaurant where we would eat. Because of security, it was necessary for the two vehicles, one for them and the other for us. The ride only took about 20 minutes, finishing with us stopping outside a slightly rundown establishment.

"This is our favourite place," Namjoon whispered as we slowly walked into the empty restaurant and heading towards the back. "We have been coming here since we were trainees. The owners treat us exactly as they did then. Here, we're not BTS, just seven extra members of their family."

"That's really sweet," I replied, switching back to Korean after we were out of earshot again; the others were already in the private dining room and the employees were busy getting everything ready for us. I smiled, picturing the kind looking older lady who greeted us as BTS' proud surrogate grandmother. "It must be so hard dealing with people seeing you as idols and not as normal guys. My dad was actually a famous musician and I remember mum telling me that he had so many people try to use him for his fame, connections or money."

"It is hard, he'd know what we go through," Yoongi admitted, scaring me since I didn't know he was behind Namjoon and I. "Is he still making music now?"

"Dad died when my mum was pregnant with me," I admitted. People often assumed it was hard to talk about my father, since I never knew him. But him being famous meant there were so much video footage of his band that it felt like I did know who he was.