Chapter 70 - 1-2 December 2022

1 December 2022

1 December 2022

The past four days after the induction of my father's band into the Hall of Fame had been filled with ups and downs. The day after the awards show, Jimin, Yoongi, Mia, Sophie and I said farewell to the others, who were returning home to Korea. Tae and Joon were going on an official honeymoon, since their wedding was only days before the tour started. Jin and Nari wanted their parents to have time with their grandson. Hobi was returning without Mia, as he had an important meeting about a potential collab. And for JK and Iseul, they had lots of OBGYN appointments they couldn't miss, what with Iseul being 28 weeks pregnant now. She had the cutest bump, which looked larger than it was due to her small stature.

After a tearful goodbye with the others, the five of us had returned to Brisbane because Mia, Sophie and I had been invited to Gabby and Adam's wedding. Of course I was bringing Yoongi with me, and Jimin had nothing on back at home so he joined us too as my cousin's plus-one.

As I was one of her bridesmaids, I had to help Gabby at times with preparations for the wedding, though thankfully it was mostly just the final dress fittings for Sophie and I, since we couldn't be there earlier. Thankfully, I'm a similar size to Gabby's sister, so Faye was able to do most of the fittings for me and any last-minute alterations could be done now that I was back in the city. Sophie's flower girl dress was chosen off the rack and needed no alterations.

Used to December being a winter month back in Korea, Yoongi and Jimin couldn't wrap their heads around the fact it was summer here, and unfortunately a hot one at that; so most of the days were either spent in the air conditioning or the pool. But when we did venture out, it was to show Yoongi and Jimin some of the sights. We even went and visited mum and dad, taking the Aria Hall of Fame award with us to show dad.

* . °•★|∘°∘♡∘°∘ •┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈• ∘°∘♡∘°∘|☆•° .*

As soon as Adam's cousin, the MC for the night, finished uttering his announcement, Shell, Candice, Faye and I made our entrance into the ballroom where the reception was held. I was paired with Brian, Adam's brother, whom I'd never met before but found to be really funny. As we walked down the aisle between tables, my smile beamed as I caught Yoongi's eye, giggling softly as he winked at me.

I was busy making googly eyes with my soulmate and was only brought out of it when I heard the last bit of the MC's voice beaming through the room saying, "...to announce Mr and Mrs Adam and Gabby Killeen!" I clapped and cheered, thrilled to see my friend married to her soulmate.

"I hear it's going to be you next," Brian smiled widely. "Adam and Gabby talk about you and your soulmate so much I feel like I practically know him. Well that, and being an ARMY helps too."

"You're ARMY?" I asked, shock and bewilderment most likely on my face right now. "Who's your bias?"

"Yeah, been a fan for years, but I didn't want to make you, Suga or Jimin uncomfortable, especially Jimin since he's my bias," he admitted, scratching the back of his neck softly. "Faye got me a job as her assistant, so we meet lots of celebrities all the time. They're just normal people, so I try to give them space whenever I see someone famous."