Chapter 66 - 26-27 August 2022

I breathed heavily, sucking oxygen back into my lungs

I breathed heavily, sucking oxygen back into my lungs. Sweat poured off me, saturating the clothes like I'd just been caught in a rain shower. It was incredible how out of shape I got over the five months we were on break, so I really hoped that the performance we just completed wouldn't disappoint ARMY.

"Another great job guys," Hobi praised as we walked offstage. "Jin, that work you put in on the transition for the bridge really showed off. And Jimin, that move you do," he paused, bringing his hand to his mouth to give a chef's kiss.

We had just completed the last recording for our comeback performance for the new song and album. It was probably the one album of ours that I felt proudest of, and the sole reason for that was we all had one thing in mind: being unapologetically Bangtan. Like our previous record, we took control of the whole process. Unlike the previous record, we had no outside help – no external producers or songwriters. We wanted the stories we told on the album to be 100% authentic.

"I love you all and am so proud of the hard work we've just done, but will everyone please get into the car so we can go to our buck's party?" Tae whinged, trying to drag the others to the car faster.

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚

"What can I get everyone to drink?" I asked. I laughed at the flurry of answers that came out at once, not understanding most. I decided to call out drinks and pass them to those who raised their hands.

As I was grabbing beers for Joon, Jin and Mia, I jumped when Jimin popped the bottle of champagne for himself. I scowled playfully at my soulmate, who giggled at my reaction. It's a good thing I love her so much. I quickly poured red wines for JK, Tae, Hobi and Astrid, then a glass of my favourite whiskey for myself.

"Here you go ladies," I said handing the three non-drinkers a special mocktail I made them. The smiles Sophie, Nari and Iseul gave me made the entire process worth it. "Still no morning sickness, Iseul?" I asked, taking the seat beside my daughter on the couch and watching from the corner of my eye, my fiancé talking to the maknaes in the kitchen.

"I thought I had some the other day, but it was just indigestion from when Kook put too much chilli in the ramyeon." The four of us laughed at the way her now fiancé, Jungkook, turned and profusely apologised.

So much had changed in such a short time. Not only had we completed the comeback, but Iseul was three months pregnant and a month into her engagement with our golden maknae. Dal-Joon was now 19 weeks old and he rolled over for the first time by himself last week. His new fascination lately has been with his hands and feet – he loves to put them in his mouth. Sophie has been enjoying her school holidays, especially the days where she got to hang out with us at work. She has everyone at HYBE wrapped around her little finger, especially the guys from TXT, who have been begging Astrid and I to let them have a games day with our daughter... the only problem was they were currently on their round the world tour.