Chapter 22 - 12 May 2021

"Tae, you're a cheater!"

"You can't do that!"

"Liar, liar, pants on fire!"

Stepping into the Bangtan house, Yoongi and I were met with a cacophony of noise coming from the lounge room. Walking into the room with hands intertwined, we silently giggled as we saw my little girl surrounded by eight adults, who were intensely bickering over a game of monopoly.

"And this is why I never play monopoly with the maknae's," Yoongi whispered to me. "They take it so seriously... or they cheat."

"Min Yoongi, are you telling me you've never cheated in any of your Run episodes?" I feigned trying to keep the look of shock and surprise on my face, but I began giggling a little too loud at the red blush that had crept across his face.

"Mum! Yoongi!" a little high-pitched voice screamed as Sophie darted across the room and into my waiting arms. She gave both Yoongi and I big hugs, acting like she hadn't seen us in weeks instead of less than 24 hours.

"Are you winning, Princess?" Yoongi inquired, his eyes glaring playfully when we heard that the two youngest members cheated and made Sophie become bankrupt. "Oh, you guys are gonna get it now," he grinned menacingly as he pulled out the BTS Uno cards. "Pack this up and then we'll see if you still have the guts to cheat in front of my little princess with me sitting at the table."

As the four youngest adults in the room – the maknae line and Iseul – packed up the board game, I chuckled as Yoongi, Hobi and Sophie whispered about creating an alliance to take the youngsters down.

Jin and Nari came over to try and join in on the conversation, but I pulled him aside. "Jin, did everything on the list come?" When a nod came from him, I started making my way towards the kitchen.

"You're not playing, sweetheart?" Feeling arms wrap around my waist and lips press just above my ear, I shook my head and said I was on dinner duty. Turning in Yoongi's arms, I wished him luck and told him that if he or Soph won, then I would give him a special prize later on. The pink tinge on his cheeks made my heart flutter; I loved that I could affect him the same way he did to me.

Before I left the room, I hugged Sophie and whispered in her ear to forget my usual rule of no cheating. Candice, while being a very honourable lawyer who upheld the letter of the law completely, was not beneath cheating at our regular games nights, and she had taken my daughter under her wing. When I had protested to the unconventional lessons, Candice went into a full-on spiel about how she wasn't teaching Sophie how to deceive, but instead was showing her how to read people and be able to gauge a person's intentions. Both were life-skills that were important, so I had allowed the 'lessons'.

It was safe to say that my girl knew all the ways to cheat without getting caught, especially when playing Uno.

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚