Chapter 29 - 17 July 2021

At long last, the day I could hold and kiss my gorgeous girlfriend was here! I don't know if my thumping heart and clammy hands were from nerves for our first festival performance we'd be giving in a couple of hours, or if it was because Astrid ha...

At long last, the day I could hold and kiss my gorgeous girlfriend was here! I don't know if my thumping heart and clammy hands were from nerves for our first festival performance we'd be giving in a couple of hours, or if it was because Astrid had sent me a message saying that she and Sophie were on their way backstage.

I was hanging out with the rest of the guys, along with Nari and Iseul, in our green room at Sydney's Qudos Bank Arena.

"It's hard to believe the last time we were here, it was for our Wings Tour," Jin voiced the thought going through my head.

"Who would have thought we'd be back because of Yoongi hyung and his love life." As much as I wanted kick JK's smart ass, I couldn't help but smile so enormously when I spotted the two people I loved most in the world.

"Hi princess," I beamed as Sophie ran and jumped into my arms. I hugged her so tightly she croaked, saying that she couldn't breathe.

As I set her back down on her feet, I noticed that Sophie had grown since I last saw her. I couldn't wait until her and Astrid moved in with me, so then I'd be there to see all the growth spurts, teach her life lessons like my dad did, comfort her when boys broke her heart, and enjoy every day being her father.

As Sophie hugged and greeted the others, stalked towards my soulmate, brushing my lips onto my hers. Together, we both sighed and melted into the feeling we'd missed so much. As I kissed Astrid in our little love bubble, the room around us fell away. It was a soft, slow and comforting demonstration of our love for each other; but soon changed into a passionate, knee-trembling, earth moving kiss. I let my lips talk and tell her mouth how much I missed her, how I adored and loved her.

"Hi baby," Astrid whispered when we came up for air. I didn't trust my voice, so I kissed her again.

"I hope you don't expect the same welcome from us," Jimin joked when we separated again. "I don't want to indirectly kiss Yoongi hyung."

"Aish, you brat! You'd be lucky to get a kiss from me." I wiggled my eyebrows suggestively. I wasn't gay and had never fantasied about sex with a man before, but I would be lying if I said I never wondered what it would be like to kiss Jimin's plump lips.

"Not to break whatever this is," Namjoon laughed, waving his hand between Jimin, Astrid and I, "but we're on in 15." He explained that one of our security teams would be here in five minutes to escort the women to the VIP section, where they would be watching us perform. Jin, JK and I were so relieved when Bang PD had told us just before we left Korea that the festival organisers had VIP areas where soulmates, family and friends of the artists performing could view the show in safety. The iHeartRADIO organisers had thought of everything - for our loved ones to get into our designated area, they had to have a special key card that was unique for each artist and only worked while the artist was performing. It meant that no one else could access the room or our soulmates while we were on stage.