Chapter 32 - 19 July 2021

From the towel I laid on, I observed Hoseok and Mia on the beach

From the towel I laid on, I observed Hoseok and Mia on the beach. Yesterday, when Astrid had sworn me to secrecy that she knew who Hobi's soulmate was, the two of us kept watch over her cousin and my brother. Each time they were in close vicinity of each other, it felt like time stood still as my girlfriend and I hoped that would be the moment they bonded and their tattoos changed to colour. Alas, each time the moment passed with the couple still being unaware.

At first I didn't want to interfere and make them touch bond forcefully, but when I thought it through more – and maybe it was the alcohol in my system doing most of the talking – I supposed that it could have been fate making Astrid and I its pawns because we were the only ones who knew of the shared soul mark. In a way, I realised that maybe it was my destiny to help bond my brother with his soulmate.

The look on Hobi's face when Mia high-fived him was priceless. Gone was any thoughts of the game from his mind as every emotion flashed across his face at once. My brother had finally found his soulmate; and Hobi, not wasting any time, planted his lips on Mia's and in turn sealing their bond.

The look of bewilderment and confusion was on everyone's faces as they watched Hoseok and Mia make out; I'm sure the rest of my family chalked it up to our brother being drunk.

"We did good, baby," Astrid whispered, snuggling into me. I kissed her hair murmuring how I love her.

Happiness and awe etched on both Hoseok's and Mia's faces as the realisation sunk in about what had happened upon seeing the result of their bond etched on Mia's wrist in colour.

Despite the slight cold – I don't know what my girls were complaining about, winter here feels like a pleasant fall day in Korea – Hobi yanked his shirt up and over his head, scaring the other team who were unaware of exactly what was happening. I've never seen someone look at his tattoo with a bigger and brighter smile than my brother had while gazing upon his for the first time. 

"My Gongjunim," Hobi beamed down at his soulmate before pulling her up into his arms and spinning around happily

"My Gongjunim," Hobi beamed down at his soulmate before pulling her up into his arms and spinning around happily. "Guys, meet Mia..." he started, laughing as everyone said they've already met her. "...my soulmate."