Chapter 36 - 12 August 2021

"Happy anniversary, my love," Yoongi whispered between peppering kisses over my face

"Happy anniversary, my love," Yoongi whispered between peppering kisses over my face. "Wake up beautiful, breakfast is ready."

Yawning and stretching, I slowly shook the last fingers of slumber that were trying to pull me back into dreamland. "Mmmm, what a nice way to wake up," my voice croaky and gravelly.

I went to walk down to the kitchen until I heard a strangled groan come from my boyfriend, "Sweetheart, while I love to see you like this and there'd be no complaints from the guys, I think clothes are a must for Nari, Iseul and Sophie's sakes." I didn't miss his teasing lilt dripping in lust as Yoongi pulled out a pair of black silk pyjamas.

One pair of pj's, a quick bathroom stop, and several kisses later, Yoongi led me to a table for two set up in the garden. It was so beautiful. We were surrounded by blooming flowers and shrubs of different shades of green, red and yellow.

"What's all this for, baby?" His thoughtfulness with the romantic gesture was touching my heart. Never had anyone done this for me.

"Happy anniversary, sweetheart," Yoongi's voice quiet but filled with love as he embraced me in his strong arms. "100 days ago, I found you. I found my gorgeous, sexy, intelligent, kind-hearted and most incredible soulmate. You're everything I ever wanted, and so much more I didn't know I needed."

My vision turned blurry from Yoongi's romantic confession. For someone who says they have no romantic bone in his body, Yoongi was giving me all the romance and intimacy I could ever have asked for. I loved him completely, unconditionally. This man had patched all my cracked pieces and loved me despite being a little broken.

To me, Yoongi wasn't the famous idol, he was just a man who loved his friends and family with his entire heart. He was a wonderful father, despite only having the role for a little over three months. He was the reason why I woke up happy and fell asleep feeling loved and complete.

"I love you so much, Astrid, and every day I fall even deeper." I couldn't control the tears from falling as he knelt before me, a box in his hand, a stunning ring inside. My heart stopped; I wanted to marry him, but it was too soon.

 My heart stopped; I wanted to marry him, but it was too soon