Chapter 35 - 7 August 2021

"What was so important, Joon? I was having a good dream

"What was so important, Joon? I was having a good dream." My voice husky with the last vestiges of sleep.

"Yeah," Nari agreed yawning, having no clue either why the two of us were summoned at the crack of dawn by the group leader unexpectedly. "And why did we need to meet you here? Couldn't we have done this at home?"

The three of us were huddled over a table in a café, steaming mugs of coffee laid out in front of us.

"I need your help," he whispered. It was starting to feel like a clandestine meeting of spies. "You're the only two capable of this job."

My mouth gaped open when he placed a small Bvulgari box in between Nari and I. I gave him a look to ask if I could open it, to which he nodded while sipping from his caffeine-rich elixir.

"Oh Namjoon, it's gorgeous," I whispered breathlessly. There, perched on a bed of white silk, sat a stunning platinum engagement ring. Very carefully, I lifted it so I could see it better. I marvelled at the line of inlaid diamonds that went around the circumference of the ring, coming to stop either side of a round gem. The green centre stone sparkled and twinkled as I placed it back in the box.

 The green centre stone sparkled and twinkled as I placed it back in the box

"It's Alexandrite. It changes colour; green in sunlight and red when it's darker. I had it specially made, to represent us. When people look at me, they see RM or BTS' Namjoon." Namjoon's voice cracked slightly, his eyes glistening with unshed tears. "But when my Tae looks at me, he sees every part of me – the good and bad. He is the light illuminating the darkness inside me."

I looked across at Nari, seeing her face mirroring mine with tears streaming down her cheek. "Joon, tell us what you need," her voice both calming and excited. "Astrid and I would be honoured to help you." I nodded enthusiastically.

* . °•★|∘°∘♡∘°∘ •┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈• ∘°∘♡∘°∘|☆•° .*

"Tae, don't you already have that one?" Jimin was more patient with his dongsaeng than Nari and I were as we watched the younger try on yet another patterned shirt that looked similar to the last five.