Chapter 27 - 8 June 2021

'Long distance relationships suck!'

It's been nearly a month since I last saw Yoongi. 25 days since our last kiss – yes, I am counting. An excruciatingly three and a half weeks since the last time I touched him or felt his touch on my body.

It's common knowledge that most soulmates were fine and had no issues when being separated from their destined one after bonding; unfortunately, Yoongi and I were not in that category. I'd read once that if soulmates were twin flames, because their connection was stronger, the couple would feel the pull of being together more. Our souls were literally crying out for their counterpart, hence why he and I were not coping well at the moment.

Each day I was separated from him, I felt like part of me was slipping further and further away from me. I'd joked with Yoongi as we were saying goodbye that I was leaving my heart with him... well it definitely felt like that had literally happened. I wasn't feeling myself without him – the happy days lacked the same amount of joy, while the bad ones felt like I had concrete shoes attached and I was wading through mud.

At least one of the positives of having Yoongi as my soulmate was the time zone difference between South Korea and Brisbane is only one hour apart.

Yoongi and I texted and called each other as frequently as we could. We'd also set up a group chat for the others to message me in after I had been bombarded with too many of the same texts coming from different people. There was also a second group chat where Sophie was included; we didn't want her seeing any inappropriate messages or memes that were frequently sent to each other.

Every night since we'd been apart, Yoongi (and sometimes some or all of the Bangtan members) have wished both Sophie and I goodnight. The video calls between my soulmate, our girl and I were some of the sweetest and most memorable times we'd had together as a family; he sung to us, rapped some of his new material, listened to all of Sophie's stories of the day.

Where our family calls were wholesome and heart-warming, the late-night ones just between Yoongi and I were filled with lots and lots of phone, and or, video sex.

Yoongi has really gone above and beyond in his efforts of making me feel wanted and needed. Every week, without fail on Friday morning, two bunches of flowers would be delivered to my home. The first week, I cried so much; amazed at the romantic gesture he'd made when a beautiful bouquet of white roses and red asters arrived. Sophie was on cloud nine too, receiving a bunch of carnations in shades of white and pink from her new dad. I knew that he would choose flowers with special meanings, so when I looked them up, my flowers represented new beginnings with love, while Soph's meant sweet, lovely and 'I will never forget you'. The cards attached made both of us tear up with his heartfelt words.

 The cards attached made both of us tear up with his heartfelt words