Chapter 10 - 3 May 2021

While Jimin, Iseul and I were chilling in the tranquil courtyard, Jin, Nari and Yoongi were busy preparing lunch for us in the kitchen

While Jimin, Iseul and I were chilling in the tranquil courtyard, Jin, Nari and Yoongi were busy preparing lunch for us in the kitchen. I had learned that Nari was an amazing cook since she was a famous food blogger, so I was excited to try the delicious Korean foods I had been falling in love with.

'I should have known that the universe would pair a foodie like Jin with someone who appreciated food too. I hope my soulmate either likes cooking or eating my cooking too.'

As I sat on a stool at the island bench beside JK's soulmate, I looked back into the lounge, smiling at the sight of Namjoon, Tae, JK and Hobi playing video games with Sophie

As I sat on a stool at the island bench beside JK's soulmate, I looked back into the lounge, smiling at the sight of Namjoon, Tae, JK and Hobi playing video games with Sophie. It was so cute to see these grown men acting like little kids, all animated and excited over their wins, while pouting or throwing not-so-pretend tantrums when others would sabotage them.

"It's hard to see who the actual child is with them, hey?" Jimin laughed as he handed Iseul and I a glass of wine before he sat on the chair beside me.

"It's so cute," I agreed.

"I forget sometimes that they lost a lot of their adolescence by being a trainee so young. Especially Jungkook," Jin divulged as he looked out over at the lounge room. "He was so young when he joined us. As often as we could, the rest of us tried to give him the normal childhood experiences we'd had, but there wasn't a lot of time as trainees."

As I listened to the conversations, I realised that the guys really were who they portrayed themselves as; what ARMY saw on those Bangtan Bomb videos and RunBTS episodes was how they were in real life. Everyone, including Iseul and Nari, was laid back and fun. I loved the sound of jokes and laughter that rang out throughout the house. Not once did I feel like I was with a bunch of celebrities, but rather with a family and it warmed my heart to get a glimpse into their personal lives in a way not many had the opportunity to do so.

We fell into a comfortable conversation, talking about the differences in how I grew up in Australia to life in Korea. They were shocked that we don't have middle school, and that Soph's school day is from 9am to 2.50pm. Poor Jin got confused when I said that she was currently in her first semester; he thought Sophie would be finishing the school year in July like they did here. Jimin jumped in explaining that school years in the southern hemisphere run like the calendar year; he really was so smart and blushed adorably when I said so. Jin and Yoongi teased him a little, causing the little mochi to laugh so hard he fell off the stool, prompting the rest of us to join in.