Chapter 83 - 23 August 2023

"Ah, I missed this," Astrid sighed as soon as we stepped back into our house

"Ah, I missed this," Astrid sighed as soon as we stepped back into our house. The month away on our honeymoon was amazing, but nothing beat being home with our loved ones and sleeping in our own bed.

"Mum! Appa!" Sophie squealed, running down the hallway. I quickly darted in front of Astrid, the instinctual need setting in to protect our babies from their sister, who was hurtling towards us. "I missed you both," she sighed happily as she ran into my arms.

"We missed you too, princess," I replied, kissing the top of her head before moving to allow Astrid to hug our girl. I chuckled deeply when Sophie stood there, mouth open as she saw the now evident baby bump.

"Hi, sunshine," Astrid grinned, pulling our still shocked daughter into a tight hug.

"Huh? What? How? When?" my wife and I chuckled hearing Sophie unable to form a single complete sentence.

Placing a hand onto Astrid's swollen belly, I shared the good news. "You're going to have two little siblings in a few months, princess. Your mum is 15 weeks along now."

Sophie burst into tears and at first I was worried she thought she was being replaced; that was until I saw her beautiful smile beaming. "I'm gonna be an older sister," she whispered happily to herself. "Do the uncles and aunts know?"

Astrid and I had spent our time in Scotland and Ireland thinking up the perfect way to announce the pregnancy to our Bangtan family. The first step, having my driver come and pick us up from the airport, had worked well to conceal the surprise.

"Not yet," I replied, reaching down to grab a couple of our suitcases, pausing when I realised something. "Where is everyone?"

"Everyone but Uncles Joon and Tae are out and I think the uncles are in one of the studios working on a song," Sophie explained as we headed to the elevator, a bag in each of her hands.

I could tell Astrid was exhausted, something that was happening a lot with the babies taking up much of her energy and sustenance, so I assured Sophie that after a quick nap, the three of us could have a nice dinner together.

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚

"So how was everyone's break?" my wife asked, her eyes sparkling with that glow she'd been emitting since we found out the amazing news. We hoped that it could be chalked up to a newlywed sparkle instead of what it actually was.

The whole family was gathered in our spacious living room. Astrid, snuggled up beside me, had a pillow in her lap that she was hugging. We wanted our news to be a surprise and with how observant Joon, Faye and Jimin were, we were worried one of them would figure it out before our plan had a chance to play out.

Jimin and Faye showed photos of their trip to the Maldives. It was so sweet seeing the couple so loved up in their pictures and enjoying their time together. Destiny had done an incredible job putting those two together; they both brought out the best in each other and their personalities complemented each other so well. Faye was so secure in herself and her relationship with Jimin that his flirty personality didn't have her worried about his fidelity. And Jimin was now able to fully cherish and love his one person, something he was scared wouldn't happen.