Chapter 60 - 25 December 2021

"Baby, wake up! It's Christmas," I heard the sweet, yet husky sleep infused voice of my fiancé exclaim loudly in my ear as she poked and prodded me

Lately, it's been taking her longer to wake up in the mornings, but Dr Shin said that was to be expected – something about a combination of the neurotoxin and the anaesthetic from when they performed the D&C procedure. Initially, while the doctors were expecting Astrid's body to complete the miscarriage by itself, because of the neurotoxin, medical intervention was necessary.

"You do realise if you were anyone other than the woman I adore, cherish and love, you'd be dead by now," I grumbled, turning to snuggle into her soft and warm body. As I planted soft kisses on her neck, my hands gently caressed her belly.

"It's Christmas day, handsome, and everyone is waiting for us to come down so we can celebrate together."

Since Astrid was technically still on bed rest, the guys, girls and I decided to have Christmas at home. As much as we would have loved to have had all of our families with us, we opted to have a quiet day with just the 12 of us together. We still had Rapmon, Yeontan, and Holly with us, which was really nice and Astrid had found comfort in the three puppers. Since we were on an extended break, Joon, Tae and I had our dogs come stay with us, thus giving our parents a break from their doggy babysitting duties. I was so happy to have my boy with me again; however, Ohana was not happy to have three dogs in his house. We'd had to break up some fights between the animals, but thankfully the dogs had all learned that the small, fluffy kitten ruled the roost... and had retractable claws.

"Holly, have you been taking care of mommy?" I cooed as my first baby woke, poking his cute curly face from within Astrid's arms. Holly had instantly taken to both Astrid and Sophie, but had spent most of his time with my soulmate. Tae reckoned that the dog knew Astrid wasn't well, so he stuck by his new mommy protecting and comforting her. "Who's my good boy? Holly's my good boy, yes you are. I love you. Come on, buddy, let's go outside to the toilet."

"Wow, I can see who you love more, Min Yoongi," sarcasm dripping from Astrid's words like a leaky faucet. "I get Mr Grumble Bum and Min Holly gets the complete opposite."

I looked at my beautiful woman, who was trying to glare at me but was failing. I internally chuckled at the way her lips curled ever so slightly and how her green eyes sparkled like emeralds in the sun, giving away her amusement.

"Oh hush, woman. You know how I'm a simp for Holly. Doesn't mean I love you any less," I said as I reluctantly peeled myself out of the warm bed and padded into our walk-in robe. I quickly dressed casually before grabbing some clothes for Astrid, making sure what I'd chosen would be comfortable for her.

We'd gotten into a bit of a routine the past four days that my beloved had been home. Since we had to limit her time on her feet, I became her personal stylist, errand boy, and all-round gopher. If it was anyone else, I would've probably grumbled and complained incessantly, but I actually really enjoyed looking after my soulmate – I felt like I was making a difference and had a sense of purpose for the first time since all this happened.