Chapter 50 - 5 November 2021

"This is so beautiful, baby," Astrid crooned as we stepped out of the car

Today was a very special day, it marked six months since Astrid and I found we were soulmates on the first date to end all first dates. To celebrate the anniversary, I decided on a family day trip, as none of us desired to be in the city surrounded by lots of people.

Wanting to be spontaneous, we let the road guide us. Of course, we had to turn back a few times when we came upon a dead end. It wasn't the destination that was important, it was the journey. In the car, we sung along to music, I cringed sometimes when I heard my songs come on. Even after so many years in the business, hearing your voice feels strange. But the looks on my two beloved girls stopped me complaining; I would do anything to keep them that happy.

"You know, I've lived in Korea my whole life and I've never been here," I mused hugging my girlfriend from behind, looking out at the scenery in front of us. Somehow in our spontaneity, we'd managed to find our way to Nami Island. It was a popular tourist attraction, so that may have played a part in my avoidance.

"Let's go explore! Come on Appa, you can be lazy when we get home."

"Aish that kid," I huffed out a chuckle at the excitement in Soph's voice. Content to stroll at a leisurely pace, Astrid and I followed as she ran ahead. Watching the way our girl's pink dress floated in the breeze as she raced inspecting the landscape that was foreign to her, Sophie looked so much like my nickname for her, a pretty princess in pastel pink with a black hat offsetting her blonde hair. Wanting to capture the moment for posterity, I snapped a photo of my daughter standing in the middle of the forest of yellow and orange trees.

While we were exploring Nami Island, one of the stall holders in the little market told us about another place not far down the road, The Garden of Morning Calm

While we were exploring Nami Island, one of the stall holders in the little market told us about another place not far down the road, The Garden of Morning Calm. Deciding to venture there, we were amazed to find such a picturesque place not far out of Seoul.

There were 26 themed gardens there, and while we would have loved to explore all of them, it was simply too big. Instead, we kept to the southern section of the gardens. It was interesting to find out that the garden was the oldest private garden in South Korea. I made a mental note to tell Taehyung about it so he could bring his fiancé here; Namjoon adored anything to do with nature after all.