Chapter 76 - 12 March 2023

"My love, don't stress out, but Eomma is on her way here to talk to you," I murmured, reading the text on my phone

"My love, don't stress out, but Eomma is on her way here to talk to you," I murmured, reading the text on my phone. The two of us were enjoying some alone time in bed, me seated with my back to the bedhead while Astrid snuggled into me.

The groan from my woman was one that sounded like a wounded animal. While we had seen my parents when they came to see Sophie in the hospital, none of us had talked about the confrontation that had happened over the wedding talk whilst we were in Daegu.

"I don't have the energy to fight with your mum on this, baby." Astrid manoeuvred herself so she was straddling my lap. While feeling her perched on top of my cock was turning me on, I knew it was not the time for that now.

"I know you don't," my voice was quiet and low as my hands moved to rest on her hips. "We'll just follow the gameplan we came up with – it's our wedding and it will be how we both want it. If she doesn't accept that, we just threaten to elope."

"I thought you were kidding when you said that, baby."

Looking Astrid in the eyes, I made sure both my words and face said the same thing. "I'm serious, sweetheart. It's our special day and we will have it filled with the traditions, food and decorations that we both want. That includes no yellow flowers, no hanboks and we go back to the colours we chose."

It had taken us a while to come up with the perfect colours for our wedding; we both wanted something special that represented us both but we weren't able to come to a harmonious decision. I'd suggested we do sapphire blue since that was important to Astrid, but she wanted something that was special for both of us and not just her. It wasn't until Faye suggested that we do something that represents the season we met each other in, which then created another set of problems since May is a spring month here in Korea and an autumnal one in Australia. Eventually, we settled on a dusty rose to represent the spring blooms and a sage green for autumn growth. Once we saw the two colours together, we knew they were the perfect combination. It was like they were made just for us.

Astrid leaned down and planted her lips on mine for a bruising kiss. I could feel all her love and relief conveyed through her lips, especially when she slid her tongue into my mouth to caress mine. Everything else in the world drifted away as the two of us made out like horny teenagers, grinding against each other as our mouths remained connected.

A knock on the door broke us from our kissing trance, the two of us giggling quietly as we heard Tae's voice announce that my Eomma was here.

"I'll go down and say hello while you take care of your... big friend," Astrid teased, looking down at the tent that had formed in my sweatpants. "But don't take too long, baby."

Picturing my soulmate's mouth wrapped around my cock, I quickly rubbed one out before I headed down to greet Eomma. I was relieved to see all the women gathered in the lounge, enjoying a cup of coffee as they all chatted and laughed about something. As soon as they saw me enter, Nari, Iseul, Faye and Mia excused themselves, saying they had to make sure their soulmates weren't working themselves too hard in the gym.

"Hi, Eomma," I greeted, kissing her gently on the cheek before sitting next to my fiancé and stealing her mug and finishing the last of the caffeinated beverage.

"How's Sophie doing?" she asked, adding to the awkward small talk that permeated the room. As I explained that she was resting in her room, Eomma looked relieved to know her granddaughter was on the mend.

"She should be up soon," Astrid said. "The painkillers she's on are still knocking her around, but I'm sure she would love to have a visit from you."

"I actually c-came to talk to you b-both." It was weird hearing the voice of the strong and proud woman who raised me catching on some of her words. I had only heard Eomma do this twice in my lifetime, both times when she had to apologise to me.

I looked at Astrid, who gave me a look filled with worry. I wrapped my arm around her before gently kissing her hair. It was my way of showing her that I was here and we could get through this together.

"Astrid-ah, Yoongi-ah, I owe you both an apology." I could tell by the look in her eyes that my Eomma was being sincere and not just doing this because Appa told her to. "I got caught up in the fantasy of planning my wedding all over again that I forgot that it wasn't me who was getting married. Astrid, I'm truly sorry for overstepping and undermining your decisions."

I sat on the couch, my soulmate beside me, and listened to my Eomma's heartfelt words of regret. By the way Astrid's hand moved to hold the one that was placed in my lap, and the squeeze she gave it, I knew we both felt the same thing, so I spoke on behalf of both of us.

"Eomma, Astrid and I accept your apology. We don't want to sound ungrateful for all the hard work you've put into the plans, but we want our wedding to represent the two of us."

"We want our cultures and traditions to combine, just like our lives have," Astrid explained. "Yoongi was telling me about the Korean wedding traditions, just like how I was telling him about the western ones, and the two of us decided to merge our favourites of the two together."

I explained how the reason why we didn't want a full Korean wedding was because of how family-oriented it was. While both of our families would be there, we felt it would be disrespectful to the memory of Astrid's parents to have her aunt and uncle replace them in a lot of the traditions.

"We will be doing Jeonanyrye," I assured my Eomma, whom had always loved the tradition where the groom would gift the bride's parents with a live goose – or wooden ducks in today's modern times. I wanted to include Jeonanyrye to symbolize my commitment to my new wife, showing that I would be loyal to Astrid for life just like geese, which mate for life.

For the remainder of her visit, Eomma, Astrid and I worked together to cancel the caterer, florist and venue that Eomma had swapped to. While we were unable to secure the venue that Astrid and I had wanted, we were able to get our backup option.

"Sophie! It's so good to see you're okay, my dear," Eomma exclaimed upon seeing my princess enter the room slowly, hand holding where her now missing organ used to be. I could tell she was sore, so I helped her into the seat beside her grandmother, who gave her a gentle hug.

I slipped into the kitchen just as my daughter began to tell Eomma all about the horrible food she was given at the hospital. Astrid joined me moments later, the two of us making a start on lunch to feed everyone. "That went well," she admitted as she wound her arms around my waist, hugging me tightly against her.

"Yes it did, my love." I leant down to give her a soft kiss before I lightly spanked her round ass, chuckling as she yelped. "Now, let's get onto this or else we'll have the hungry masses forming a mutiny soon."