Chapter 12 - 5 May 2021

Unable to sleep, I rolled onto my back and gazed into the dark room, not able to make out much

Unable to sleep, I rolled onto my back and gazed into the dark room, not able to make out much. My mind immediately went back to what happened just a few hours ago. I replayed the moment Astrid and I realised we were soulmates; I knew that for the rest of my life, today would be one of the greatest days I would ever have.

As I stared at the ceiling, I thought about Astrid. I wanted to know everything about her, and to tell her everything about me too.

I wondered how old was she when she learned how to ride a bike? Who had she given her first kiss to? Where did she see her life in 10 years? What was her life like growing up? What was her favourite candy when she was little? Who is her favourite author?

I thought about what our relationship together would be like. Would she be clingy, or more independent?

Would she be demanding of my attention, or able to entertain herself? – strike that, I knew she wouldn't be demanding; I could see that from the interactions we'd had already, especially how she dealt with that waitress.

Would she be affectionate and ok with lots of hugs and kisses, or be more reserved and only do that behind closed doors?

How many relationships did she have before me and did any of them capture her heart? Surprisingly, I wasn't feeling any jealousy or animosity when thinking about her potential exes, instead I was wondering what type of girlfriend Astrid was.

I really hoped that Astrid – and Sophie as well – would be able to see past the fame, flashy job, and just see me. Min Yoongi. As much as I was Suga and Agust D, they were personas that I inhabited, rather than who I was to my core. All of my exes in the past said that they wanted Min Yoongi, but instead they only wanted to date Suga. I really hoped that my soulmate was nothing like the girls I used to date.

* . °•★|∘°∘♡∘°∘ •┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈• ∘°∘♡∘°∘|☆•° .*

Hugging my soulmate was a feeling I could really get used to. Unknown to a lot of people, skinship was my love language, but it only really happened with the guys since I felt most comfortable with them. So, to be able to do it with my soulmate, well that was a feeling difficult to label concisely. It was like a combination of bliss, joy, excitement, trepidation and happiness all rolled into one.

"This is really nice." Astrid turned around in my arms, so her back was now pressed to my chest as she looked over the vista in front of us. "Did you do all this for me?"

"I had help," I admitted in a husky murmur. "Hobi and Jimin helped me here; JK and Iseul chose the wine; Jin and Nari demanded that they cook for us, him saying – and I quote – 'Yoongi needs help in the romance department, so I'm teaching him everything I know'." I went shy for a moment before I looked into her beautiful green eyes. "I'm trying to be romantic for you."