Chapter 65 - 4 May 2022

"Happy anniversary, baby," I murmured against Yoongi's lips between kisses.

"Mmmm, happy anniversary, my love."

I couldn't believe it had been a year now since Yoongi and I found out we were soulmates. It had been one of the best, and hardest, years of my life but I wouldn't change a thing. As I snuggled into the arms of the man the universe made just for me, I thought over the year we'd had together.

I loved how every kiss and declaration of love we shared made my heart sing. I loved the way he accepted Sophie as his own daughter, which made me fall deeper for him if even possible. I loved how lucky I felt that I got to wake up beside him every day, and fall asleep in his arms.

I loved how each day spent with him was a gift and I adored every second of being with him. I loved how he could make love to me so tenderly, then fuck me like an animal in heat. I loved how I was the one he chose to be his future wife, the mother of his future children.

I loved how he cared for me after I was poisoned. I loved how he was my rock, my strength and my hope during the trial. I loved how he celebrated with me when we learned she'd been found guilty for everything and sentenced to life in prison with no hope of parole.

I loved how excited I was to spend the rest of my life beside this incredible man.

"What are you thinking about, beautiful?" I smiled, loving the feeling of his lips on my forehead.

"I was just thinking about us, and how I can't wait to grow old with you," I whispered as if sharing a secret. "I love you so much, Yoongi."

"I love you too, sweetheart. As much as I'd love to stay in bed with you all day, we need to get up. Sophie has apparently cooked breakfast for us with the help of some of the guys."

"Oh god, please let it not be Joon," I groaned, reluctantly pulling myself from the warmth. I was low-key worried that our beloved brother had took it upon himself to help our daughter. Namjoon may be the smartest in the house, but he's certainly the worst in the kitchen.

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚

"Oooh ohh, let me see," Nari blurted as soon as Yoongi, Sophie and I returned from our family date.

"Only as long as I get to have cuddles with my favourite man once you're done," I countered taking the seat next to hers on the couch, keeping her company while she breastfed her baby.

Nari had gone into labour whilst the rest of us were back at the courthouse hearing the judge's ruling. After 13 hours of labour, on the early morning of 12 April, the world had a new addition – Mr Kim Dal-Joon. While Namjoon puffed up with pride thinking the baby was named after him, Jin promptly shut that down. He and his wife chose the name specifically, with it meaning 'Handsome Moon'.

"So, what did he give you?" she prompted quietly, aware not to startle her son.

I pulled the neckline of my dress down, showcasing the stunning necklace Yoongi had gifted me for our anniversary. 

"Wow, Yoongi-ah's got style!" Nari gushed, admiring the pretty piece of bespoke jewellery as she patted her son's back trying to get him to burp. She admitted she was amazed that my soulmate was so romantic to have a necklace made specifically for me, but even more proud that he had used different colours of my favourite gemstone – sapphires.

"Yeah, he did good," I giggled at her reaction when her son did a burp and watched her swaddle him expertly. "He said the three hearts intwined represent the two of us and our children who will make our hearts full."