Chapter 69 - 25 November 2022

To say I was cool, calm and collected would be a total lie

To say I was cool, calm and collected would be a total lie. It was just over an hour before we had to leave for the ARIA's and I was nervous as fuck. Since this wasn't the environment for children, Shell, Todd and Liam had travelled down with us to Sydney so my daughter could have a sleepover with her best friend in a luxurious Airbnb. Little Dal was also going to stay at the house while Jin and Nari went with the rest of us. Shell was beyond excited to have cuddles with a baby again; it satisfied her cluckiness to have another baby that she couldn't have since the complications with delivering Liam resulted in her needing an emergency hysterectomy.

Initially we had thought about renting hotel rooms for the Bangtan family and my friends, until Joon had suggested we would have more anonymity in a holiday house. How we managed to find an eight-bedroom place by the water was a wonder to me, but that was the power of Kim Namjoon. He could get shit done. I swear he should run for president one day.

"You look stunning, my love." Yoongi came up behind me as I sat at the desk in our room, where I was applying the finishing touches to my makeup. "You always look beautiful, but seeing you in this dress... well I just want to rip it off and have my wicked way with you." I giggled at the way his eyebrows wiggled before he placed a kiss on my exposed shoulder.

I was in love with the dress I found months ago when I first found out I would be attending the awards ceremony. Knowing I wanted to dress to impress, Tae and Jimin had roped in one of their stylists to help us as she had connections with many designers. When I'd first seen the extremely heavily-laden clothes rack with garments totalling multiple millions of dollars, I nearly died; but one look at the black dress and I fell in love.

Coming from the Resort '22 collection of Carolina Herrera, it was not only stunning, but eye-catching. I loved how the light glimmered of the black sequins that flowed along the entire dress, the chiffon panels cascading down from my hips to the floor. It was figure-hugging and I felt absolutely beautiful in it. Yoongi loved how it showed off my curves; I was low-key worried that I would have a problem with him not being able to keep his hands off me at the event.

 Yoongi loved how it showed off my curves; I was low-key worried that I would have a problem with him not being able to keep his hands off me at the event

"It's just missing one thing," Yoongi mused slightly distracted by tracing the thin strap that ran down my spine. I hummed questioningly; eyes closed at the feeling of my soulmate's hands on my body. Even after 18-months of being together, each touch from Yoongi gave me the same tingles and excitement as they did when we first met.