[82.1] RED'S COLOR CLASS: INTRODUCTION

•|•|•

"Yuh right, Atticus, dem not fully grasp dat,"

•|•|•

"JUS' STEP RIGHT in, me likkle ones, and find yer seats," Miss Almulese began showing us into the classroom as she stood by the doorway.

I followed the student before me, walking past her, glancing momentarily at the dog that strutted by her side, my eyes catching hers to which she returned with a subtle smile and a nod.

I returned a nervous nod before entering the classroom.

It wasn't very different from the Origins Classroom we had used. This one looked a little bit smaller or maybe it was the plants that were strategically scattered all around the room that made it feel as if there wasn't enough space.

I followed the girl before me, taking a seat behind her by the windows in the third row for which I was grateful. A seat by the wall always gave me a sense of support. The windows were already opened which allowed the light breeze to come through.

I was able to see the fountain at the heart of the King's Crown from up here, but I couldn't see the sword and crown because of the tree that stood in my line of sight at precisely the right angle to my absolute frustration.

Miss Almulese waited for the rest of the students in the class to be settled, taking her standard position at the front of the class. My eyes trailed over my fellow students noting I didn't know anyone from here which kind of depressed me.

Making friends here would be tough as I once again would have to tell everyone of my 'condition,' and the last thing I wanted was that sort of attention.

I watched as the dog crossed the length of the Classroom making itself comfortable on the teacher's chair where it was partially hidden from sight thanks to the table.

"Mi likkle ones, a warm welcome to de very first Colors Class." she began curtly eyes trailing over each one of us, , "It be a grand honor for ye to grace this place, indeed."

My eyes locked on her feeling very uncomfortable as the anticipation in me heightened. I wanted to like this woman standing in front of me, and I did, but I couldn't help but feel some sadness over the fact that she was not Mr. Ogustus.

I breathed out, trying to refocus on what she was saying.

"For dis term, I'll be guidin' ya through yer Colors Classes, consider yerselves fortunate to have a Prime like meself. Ye'll be gleanin' more than the rest, mark me words," she walked down the aisles as she talked, "As this be yer inaugural TRUE Class of the term," she began gaze spinning round to the other row of students,

"I be needin' to acquaint ye with de ways of our system," she stopped in an aisle standing at the very back of the class right before a plant, where she stayed as she talked, "First tings fi start, it's important fi all a yuh fi know de class schedule. Mornin's, from 6 to 9, di regular classes gwine gwaan pon di first floor," she began, her accent thick on each word.

"Human regular classes like Mathematics an' Physics, y'know," she briefly walked forward stopping in the middle of an aisle looking around, "It's crucial fi yuh fi grasp not jus' de mysteries of de concealed realm, but also keep steady wid de foundations of de visible world. Cause at de end of de day, yuh can't do wit'out both, yuh see."

My eyes narrowed on the intricate drawings that traced on her fingers as she gestured whilst she spoke, eventually tailing up to her face,

"Please Check de master timetable in de first hall of de King's Crown fi figure out where yuh classes gwine gwaan," she walked to the front, turning around abruptly, gesturing with her hands as she talked,