[145] SECTIONS

•|•|•

Had he broken up with Daya?

•|•|•

I COULDN'T STAY with my mother for as long as I wished, mostly because she didn't have all the answers I needed.

I was supposed to be in class right now, but instead, I had slipped back into the library, and whilst I thought I would be refused entrance, the librarians couldn't care less.

I walked past the huge front desk in my pajama bottoms and my hoodie, draped over my face, only hearing a low grunt.

Walking past, the only thing I could hear was the sound of my heart ramming against its prison.

I headed up the stairs to the second floor, standing still for a moment as I stared at the endless lining of shelves, whispering to themselves about the secrets they held.

I wanted to know everything and this time, contrary to the previous, I think I knew where to Look.

I didn't want to spend a lot of time in the library knowing that in the next forty minutes the lunch bell would ring and the halls would be bustling with students, and whilst everyone else wore a uniform, I figured it would be hard to blend in with my pink pj's.

Yes, that was something that I was better off avoiding.

I walked toward the S section, spotting each section from S-a to S-f, my feet started to hurt a little the farther I walked until I spotted the section that I desired. S-i.

I moved toward the section, my eyes trailing around each book cover, looking for that gem of a title that would be the closest to the thing that I had in mind.

Sirens.

See, I had seen that demonstration of power that took my voice away before. It seemed quite similar to what happened the night of my almost second death.

And though younger me, hadn't completely faded away to nothingness, I couldn't deny how similar the action looked like.

Whilst I wasn't a hundred percent sure it was the same, finding a book about it would be the only thing that would help, or so it seems.

I pursed my lips, my fingers trailing over the spines of the book covers, mouthing each title as I waded through.

Silver Moons, Silent Night, Sin, and Death.

I moved farther, my eyes narrowing, and my heart pounding as I drew closer to the title, Sire Vampire, and then, I reached the end, almost turning the corner to the next shelf when I heard voices coming from the next row.

"It is a shame that the Gigan will have to go through this Blood Moon Alone, brother," a voice began.

I could have known that thick heavy accented tone from anywhere, but I still peeked to ease my curiosity.

Sure enough, there was Lwangi and Rangi.

Rangi had his back turned to me, seemingly lifting some books in his arms, his signature staff in the other hand.

His brother's cane was propped up against the shelf, as he took a bunch of books from him.

"Ah, it seems so," He agreed.

"I cannot count how many times we have warned him that the Yellow was going to leave-" he stated.

"He seemed to have figured that out for himself, however," Rangi replied to his brother, leaving a silence between them.

"It is a shame that it happened right around the event, A broken heart never does well during the night of the wild," he huffed, "We must make sure the firewall is stable, pain is what drives a broken wolf," he added.

My eyebrows arched at this.

They were talking about Lucas.

Pain? Had he broken up with Daya?

I mean I thought they had just fought like always, but were they saying that he and Daya weren't together anymore?

My heart skipped a beat at this.

While I was not a fan of them, and I didn't like the fact that she was merely using him, I felt bad.

Could this be my fault?

The last time we talked he did say that she made it clear what she wanted. Maybe this was something else?

Why did it always have to be about me?

It could have been other reasons, but anyway.

The baseline was, it seemed to be that he would be spending this blood moon secluded.

What did Daya do that made him feel so secure? I'm sure he should be used by now spending it all alone.

Lwangi in turn grunted as he placed the books on the shelf.

"C'mon brother, let us prepare for the Practice," Rangi huffed, dusting his hands clean as he was relieved from his load, his staff coming to a stand beside him.

It was then I remembered what day it was today. Thursday- the Intercolor Games practice, as Miss Amir had stated.

"Ofcourse," Lwangi replied, grabbing his cane, before glancing down at his watch, which surprisingly seemed to go very well with his extravagant attire.

"The sooner the better," he added with a grin, his brother passing by him, moving to the next row, he however, suddenly paused, eyes trailing to my direction, and I stood there like a deer caught in highlights.

His eyes twinkled and he gave me a short nod before moving after Rangi.

I took out a sigh of relief, letting it sink in for a moment. I needed to do something about it.

I couldn't let Lucas go through the blood moon alone.

He somehow needed to know that he wasn't alone, that despite everything going on, I was still his bestie. I swallowed for a bit. I promised myself to quit the road but I couldn't just sit back and watch him be abandoned.

I pursed my lips, my eyes landing on the book.

"Sirens and Sea Creatures," it read.

I scoffed at the title. It was true that you could find almost any book on any topic in this huge library.

As Bizarre as it sounded, I would honestly be surprised if a place as big as this didn't.

Tucking it beneath my arm, I journeyed down the stairs, knowing that it was best I prepared for not only lunch, but the practice Inter Color Games, or whatever that was.

Which meant changing into my combat suit.

I spotted the librarian's desk but stopped when something came to mind. retreating, I moved to the T section.

I grabbed a ladder, and walked up the steps, my eyes searching until I set my eyes on the book I needed.

I stared at the dark-covered book for a second, its sleek edges calling to me as I flipped it over, gold cursive words spelling it out for me.

THE FALL OF THE TITANS AND THE RISE OF THE GODS.

I couldn't explain the chill that traveled down my spine.

•|•|•

Time to do some research!

•|•|•