[106.1] CRIMSON BLOOD MOON

•|•|•

"Basic Biology"

•|•|•

I SAT DOWN cross-legged on the grass beneath my wilting tree with a calming sigh.

Lucas paused a few feet away looking over at me in confusion, gaze trailing up the tree behind me with a soft chuckle.

"This is your scene?" he asked, turning back around to look at the King's Courts, "Not that private, is it?"

I rolled my eyes with a wide grin.

'Not everyone can go into Fareborn Forest to find a private spot,' I argued.

He thought about this for a second before shrugging, "Fair enough."

I smiled beckoning him to come closer, patting the ground next to me, and after a heavy sigh he eventually did, leaning back down on his elbows, his body stretched beneath the tree, with a satisfied grunt as if he was waiting all day to get off his feet.

I grinned at this sheepishly, unable to stop myself from watching him for a moment, our eyes meeting as he propped himself sideways, on his elbow to face me

'This' I signed softly, my eyes glancing momentarily at the view ahead of me, 'is my scene."

He turned to me, and I watched a calming look pass on his features as he stared up at the sky littered with a million stars, drowning in it like a dark ocean.

His chest stopped moving for a moment as if he was holding a breath.

The Wilting tree might be one of the only trees in the King's court, but the fact that it was set up on an inclined slope gave you a wide-angle view of Kingsland with the clearest way to the sky, opening it up to be this vast ocean of twinkly stars and the mood hiding away in the distance.

He breathed out softly, eyes straining on them for a moment and I turned to look at them too.

Knowing that silence was always the best remedy for the saddest days, I kept quiet.

The gentle breeze blew between us, his hair that he had let down blowing gently across his face as I watched on.

I had the urge to reach out a pull it back but I buried it, placing my hands in my lap instead, taking my focus back into the ocean of stars.

"It's beautiful," he commented, his eyes trailing over the sky before they suddenly fell to the ground and he adjusted his position, his hand running through his silky hair as he sat up, pushing it back, "but it's sad."

My eyebrows furrowed for a moment looking back up at the sky. He was right, the sky looked peaceful and yet gave you the feeling that it was lonely.

Only a few people ever sat outside and just watched the stars anymore.

I could feel him sigh lowly, and I looked back at him.

He seemed to have felt my eyes on him because, in the next second, he looked down at me, our faces a whisper apar

'I think it's vice versa. It's sad," I began signing slowly, "but beautiful nevertheless."

I could feel his eyes watching me for a moment as if studying me, and I could tell he was thinking about what I had said. He slowly nodded, grunting for a moment, releasing a low breath.

"Ask me a question" he suddenly stated and my eyes snapped back to him, noticing his fingers kept tapping his arm excessively as he talked as if he couldn't keep still, running a hand through his locks once more.