[105.1] NIGHT TIME VISIT

•|•|•

"I really need to talk to Daya right now."

•|•|•

I SAT CROSS-LEGGED in my bed, my hand feeling the edges of a pebble I had picked by the King's Courts after class.

I breathed out placing the pebble on the pillow in front of me, staring at it for a few seconds.

I hoped it worked with this pebble, I mean I am quite sure that the pebble Miss Almulese guided us to use was ordinary too, and since I had lost my original pebble yesterday when the Vampires came, a random one would have to do.

I needed to find out once and for all what it could do.

Already, our Colors class had moved to the elemental side of the Double E for magic, and I was sure the next exercise we would be forced to do was control the basic elements much like what was demonstrated earlier today.

I didn't have to worry about that for another full day, seeing as tomorrow we would be having our Combat Classes, via our houses.

Yeah, I was not looking forward to that at all.

Anyway, the main reason why I was staring at a random stone I picked up on my way back to the scepters was because I had to complete the first exercise.

There was something about the way Miss Almulese had encouraged me to have patience and try again that gave me hope despite my failure.

I closed my eyes relaxing my shoulders.

Reach the higher plain. That's all I had to do.

All I wanted to do was feel a vibration, any movement of any sort to bring me comfort. I needed to know if all these theories I came up with were real or merely figments of my imagination

Taking in a deep breath, I let myself glow, feeling around for something, my mind blank, the cool wind that escaped from the night sky behind me gently scarping my skin.

I stayed like that for a few minutes, waiting for some sort of reaction or tingle, or some kind of feeling, suddenly feeling detached from anything else, and my mind feeling carried away into a high-

Knock, Knock.

My eyes fluttered open, staring directly at the door, able to see it quite well thanks to the moonlight that crossed the room at one angle, allowing me to see the shadow that stood behind the door.

I checked my watch, and the time reflected just as I thought it was, 10:08 p.m.

When the steady knock came again, I got out of bed and moved to the light switch flickering it on.

Looking down at myself, I made sure I was representable, stretching down my pajama t-shirt paired with baggy fuzzy night bottoms.

Moving slowly toward the door, I opened it only slightly peeking out, my eyes trailing upward at the sight of the tall boy before me.

"Bestie," Lucas grinned, his charming boyish smile pasted on his face with a slight smirk when my eyes widened -not at all expecting him.

I waved shyly back, standing straighter, and my body still blocking the entrance of the door.

My heart was beating slightly faster, as it was only now I realized that Lucas Bowne was standing right outside my room whilst I was dressed in my nightwear, not that they were revealing in any manner, which gave me slight comfort.

"I'm sorry to bother you at this hour," he began, his tone suddenly becoming more serious, " I just, I- I really need to talk to Daya right now," he said.

I froze at this, slightly turning back to my empty room, knowing I hadn't seen Daya since she left about 2 hours ago.

I pursed my lips, my face falling, before turning back to him, meeting his eyes for a moment unable to express it to him.

"She's not in there, is she?" he huffed slowly, looking downa the ground for a second, a tick in his jaw before looking back at me, folding his arms.

If I had been an ordinary girl with all her five senses I may have thought what was flashing through his eyes right now was either anger or frustration, but since I'm not and I have sharpened the one sense that allowed me to study people, I deciphered that look into the blunt mixture of a hidden pain and disappointment.

I nodded slowly, my eyes trailing to the floor too as silence filled the void between us.

I didn't know where she went every night, well most nights, as sometimes she came back early but what does she possibly have to do, every single nght?

I looked back up at Lucas when he stepped back-

"Uh-Thank you," he said softly, "I'll just- uh-" he swallowed his gaze shifting momentarily with a sigh, "I'll go now," he began about to turn away when he added, "J-just uhm- just tell her I came by."

Our gazes locked and I nodded.

He lingered for a moment, before nodding as well, finally turning back down the hallways, his shoulders slightly hunched, running a hand through his hair that he had let down tonight.

I watched him walk away for a moment, my heart a steady drum within me. I wasn't used to his voice sounding downcast.

Lucas Bowne was one of the friendliest and funniest people I had met, and yes there are very few people I've been around all my life, but watching him leave like that for some reason didn't sit right with me.

I gritted my teeth, knowing that I would probably regret this, moving back into my room.

I quickly searched for my fuzzy slippers, and a robe to cover me up, carrying my key and locking the door after me. The hallway was empty indicating he had probably already curved and so I jogged down the length of it for a while until I could see him walking away near the end of the second hallway.

I knew there was no way I was going to ever reach Lucas Bowne.

He was so tall, if he wasn't slowing down for me, I couldn't possibly reach him with those confident long strides of his and so I did the next best thing for a girl in my predicament.

I stood in the middle of the hallway, clapping twice loudly.

It hurt my palms but I knew he would hear it and I took a slow breath out when he froze at the end of the hallway, pausing for a minute before slowly turning back, his eyebrows arched when he saw me, and I grinned widely motioning for him to wait.

He watched me approach him, with a confused kind of smile that he pulled off by the way.

I awkwardly waddled toward him, and he watched in what I started to see was growing amusement.

'Are you busy?" I signed to him when I arrived.

He looked down at me for a moment with aslightly confused grin shaking his head, "No, I'm not uh-" he paused, clearing his thirst, "all plans were canceled."

I sensed the truth in his tone, underlined by the emotions I had felt earlier.

I gave him a supportive grin, 'Then, let me take you to MY scene, bestie." I offered.

He looked puzzled for a second but when I offered him my hand, playfully beckoning him to take it, he looked down at it with a chuckle and a wide grin, obliging.

I smiled back, dragging him along with me into the night.

•~•
I love how she's slowly coming out of her shell ❤️
•~