[172] INTER COLOR GAMES: DAY ONE

•|•|•

They called him the heir of darkness.That seemed pretty god-level to me.
•|•|•

I STIFLED A yawn as the sound of our footsteps crunching through the dried leaves of the forest, filled my ears. The sun was more apparent in the sky but barely able to break through the huddled treetops through the dense trees.

I gazed upwards, a shiver running down my spine as birds took flights off from trees.

I was reminded too much of the manananggals now that I was back in these trees. How they moved seamlessly through the trees like shadow monkeys.

And whilst I was sure Omkara was powerful in his own right, something told me he would probably piss his pants at the sight of those things.

"I can't believe we haven't met anyone else since we left the others," Omkara huffed, turning back around to glance at me, "If it wasn't for the fact that I'm a hundred percent sure every student in Kingsland is participating in the games I would have sworn we were all alone."

I understood his thought process.

But I knew how large the Fareborn forest was. It covered most of the island, and though Kingsland was massive, it carried a fraction of what land mass the Fareborn forest had.

He paused in the middle of a clearing, placing both hands on his waist.

I opened my book, jotted down something, and showed it to him.

He read through, nodding.

"Yeah. I guess no one is just trudging around aimlessly. Everyone's looking for the artifacts. Probably not out in the open like us, but hey, we're just mids after all..." he mocked, "According to our Alpha we're only good at crying wolf, " He huffed with a sigh, running a hand through his hair, "tsk, so arrogant."

I couldn't agree more with the statement.

But I would have pointed out that though Harvest was a meanie, he gave us the least dangerous position and near to the camp because we were the last cycle and everyone else had trained and had better control of their dilect than we had.

We were either a danger to others or ourselves was the stage we were at in our youngling lives. Putting us smack in the middle of the game would do nothing but harm us or just fail the team.

"I think this is it," he continued, "Yup. Say hello to our spot for the next 3 days."

I glanced around at our surroundings. Tall trees, shady areas.

Yes, this was exactly where the first defense should be.

The rest of our cycle was spread further out toward camp.

According to Omkara, we were the first line of defense, then our cycle then the selected guardians that Harvest personally handpicked, and one-star player I was yet to see that supposedly was meant to guard the artifacts once found.

Though Harvest would be near, he made it clear he was unable to use the full extent of his powers during the game.

The rest of the leviathans had been divided into layers, earlier cycles were out before us, and the Advanced and the Elite were actively searching in pairs for the 3 artifacts hidden in the forest.

Whilst I knew it was dangerous actively fighting other highly trained Dilectus in the fields, after a few hours of sitting in the sun I began to feel anything was better than this.

I craved for action. It was stupid, I know.

Given my track record, I was the weakest in the Leviathan. For a second, I thought maybe that's how people saw me.