[166] INTERCOLORS MATCH: GREEN VS ORANGE

THE LOUD chatter of the congested Arena echoed in my ears, barely heard the request of a girl who excused herself as she passed through our row to get to one of the only empty seats available in this section.

I made way for her, watching as the rest of my friends followed suit. My gaze trailed after and rested on her a group of friends calling out to her by name as she settled down.

Lira grumbled trying to make herself comfortable once again.

Luckily for us, there were no empty seats anywhere near us so there would be no putting your legs up during this fight, too bad for her.

Yes, that seemed to frustrate her even more.

Claire tried to start some kind of conversation in an attempt to get her out of her foul mood, but other than the loud noise in the arena, which stopped anything from being distinctively heard by anyone, much less her soft voice.

David and I, on the other hand, had already registered that there was no way to keep her spirits high enough.

There is only so much magic even Reds could do.

It also didn't help that David had told me earlier that compared to Roman, there was a very slim chance Andrew would win.

So much so, that Lira had refused to calculate or bet on the match.

But all these things were trivial to my mind. I too was anxious about something.

My eyes glazed over the arena hunting.

It was as if my instinct was that I had to look for him.

For any sight of a dark coat, that signature nightmare black, paired with hypnotic blue eyes.

I quite remember the last time I was in the Arena in a match like this.

I see you.

Those were his words. It was ironic how the tables had twisted and instead, it was me who was desperate to see him.

Whilst I tried my best to not feed into this hunger I couldn't keep my eyes from dashing to and fro for any signs of just that.

I could even remember where he had been seated on that day- but that spot was fully occupied by a random guy with freckles over his face and a plain look, seated by a dark-skinned guy with earrings.

Huge contrast from what I wished could be substituted by Raskei and Harvest.

Lightly blowing out the air in my puffed-out cheeks, my eyes trailed around the arena, impatiently tapping my fingers against the armrest as fewer people walked in and more seats were finally covered.

I was soon distracted by the arrival of the prime, the most I had seen come to these matches which signified the importance of it all.

Gravis AKA Mr. Herk, Mr. William Lang, the prime for the yellows, Mr. Po Protheyus of the golds, Mr.Rashid for the oranges, and Mr. Ogustus, who hobbled in last.

I noticed Miss Almulese was nowhere to be seen which I found slightly strange.

A few secondaries followed after as well.