2

"What the hell just happened?" I said to myself as the doors closed, and everyone looked at me.
I shamefully walked to the drink table, and grabbed my drink, trying to avoid the eyes of people.

"We can't stay here anymore", Nara, my best friend, said from behind me.
She was busy on the dance floor a few minutes ago, while I went to grab a drink.
Then, the alpha came in, and she disappeared into the crowd.
"Come", she said, and we left the house immediately.
It was evening, and everyone was inside the pack house enjoying the party.
We were taking a stroll around the house, trying to get away from all that drama.
"What the hell just happened, Paige?" Nara asked.
"You're gonna be Luna?"
"How is that possible?" Nara asked, making my head ache a bit.
"Calm down, Nara."
"You just witnessed what happened", I said.
"I myself am confused."
"How does one become a Luna overnight?"
"Damn, I gotta move out of my home now", I said, and cursed under my breath.
"Well, you're not the Luna yet, until the alpha marks you."
"And by the looks of it, I don't think it's gonna take a while before that happens."
"Did you see the way he looked at you?"
"My god!"
"I hope I find my mate soon, we're nearly twenty five!" Nara said in a dramatic way.

"Calm your horses girl, you're still twenty three, so, there's hope."
"But werewolves are supposed to find their mate between ages eighteen and thirty!"
"Or, is my mate in another pack?"
"Shit, I don't wanna have to leave", she said, and I sighed.
"If you still cannot find your mate here in River Moon pack, then you should wait until the next lunar eclipse."
"Five packs will be coming to our territory, and I have full confidence that your mate will be there", I said, trying to assure her that everything would be well.
"I guess", she said, and I heard my mother's voice through the mindlink.

"Paige!" My mother said.
"Where are you?"
"I hope you didn't run off with the alpha yet", she said in a teasing voice.
"Please, mom", I said.
"Come quick, let's go home", she replied.
"Hey, my mother's calling for me", I said, and we went back to the house.
The party was ending and the alpha wasn't anywhere in sight.
I just hoped that he wouldn't show up unannounced at my house the next day or something, that would be so epic.

"Paige!"
"Come down now!" My mother yelled from the living room, and I sleepily went to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth.
My hair was a mess, but I didn't care, since it was just me and my mother either way.
I never knew my father, and my mother never spoke of him.
He left before I was born, and he wasn't a member of the pack, so there were no records of him.
When a person was mates with a member of a different pack, they could either leave the pack, or the other mate would join the pack.

I guess my mother didn't want to leave, and my father didn't want to either.
So, he left her.
The mate bond was known to be the strongest bond between two lycan souls, and rejecting that bond felt like half of your soul was being ripped apart.
I always wondered how hard it must have been for my mum, but she never spoke of it.
She was also pregnant with me, so it must have been extra hard for her.

"Mom, it's just nine!"
"Why are you screaming so loudly?" I asked as I came downstairs.
I passed by the living room and saw someone sitting there, but I was still half asleep, so I didn't notice.
I went to the fridge to take a bottle of water, when it dawned on me that I just saw my alpha in my living room.
I went back to check if I was dreaming, but no, I was not.
In fact, he was also staring at me when I poked my head from the kitchen to see if he was the one.
"And a good morning to you, Paige", he said, and my mouth opened in surprise.
"Darling, come, take this to the dining room."
"The alpha will be having breakfast with us", my mother happily said, and dropped a large tray filled with eggs, bacon, toast, juice and pancakes in my hands.

It was a bit heavy, so I used all my strength to hold it.
"Why'd you cook so much, mom?" I muttered and went to the living room.
Suddenly, the alpha was beside me, and he took the tray from me, and placed it on the dining table
I felt giddy as he was beside me, and when our hands brushed, my wolf barked happily.
She was loud sometimes.
"Th..thank you", I stuttered, and he smiled.
"Sorry, alpha."
"We weren't expecting you, so I didn't cook much", my mother said, gesturing to the mountain of food that was before us, and I rolled my eyes.
"Thank you for your hospitality, Miss Sandra", the alpha said, his morning voice making me gasp silently.

"The beta is outside, may he join us?" The alpha said, and my mother didn't object.
He mind linked the Beta, and he was in the house in seconds.
All this time, the alpha smelt like sandalwood to me, so I believed that that was the mate smell, but as the beta came in, I started to smell a hint of chocolate, which was confusing, because the scents that each mate gave off, was unique.
So, when the beta came into the dining room, I was confused as to why I could smell chocolate.
"Alpha Zayne", the beta said.
"Join us, Adrian", the alpha replied, and he sat down beside him.
"So, our hot mate's name is Zayne."
"I wonder what his wolf's name is", Rose said, and I shut her out.

"Allow me to formally introduce myself", the alpha said, as we ate.
"I am Alpha Zayne O'Neill of the River Moon pack."
"And this is my beta, Adrian Carter", he said, gesturing to the beta who was staring at me.
He was as tall as the alpha, but, they were like direct opposite.
The alpha had long brown hair that covered his face a bit, and the beta was a red head that had a wolf cut.
Both men were equally as handsome, and I couldn't tell who was much hotter.
Adrian had smooth skin and a greek nose that I admired, while Zayne had freckles and a stubble. Zayne's eyes were hazel, while Adrian's eyes were blue.

"And, I guess the pretty lady's name is Paige?" He asked, causing me to blush a bit.
"Yes, Alpha."
"I am Paige Aspen, and this is my mother, Sandra Aspen", I replied shyly.
"Beautiful names."
"And your wolf's name?" He asked.
"Rose", I replied, while my wolf howled inside me.
"Lovely, Dylan would be so glad to know that", he said, and I guessed that was his wolf's name too.
"I want to see Dylan!" Rose yelled, and I shut her out immediately.
"Now, Paige, we are mates, you know that right?" He asked, and I nodded.
"And you know what that makes of you?" He asked, once again.
"Uh, I'm not sure what to say", I said and glanced at the beta, who looked like he was a bit upset.
"Don't be silly darling, it means you're the future Luna of this pack", my mother replied, and my heartbeat increased.