36

Paige's POV

"Now, my dear Luna."
"The alpha female of the River Moon pack."
"Would you mind telling everyone here, what you are guilty of?"
Zayne announced, gaining the full attention of everyone present in the court room.
No one dared to ignore their alpha when he spoke, and now, all eyes were on me, their Luna.
I was trembling, my feet felt like they were going to give up, and when I looked at the stone faced expression of the Alpha, my mate, I gulped hardly.
I thought I could be careful, I thought I could hide what Adrian and I shared.

But, Zayne being the inquisitive alpha he was, noticed that I wasn't in bed that night, and he followed me to the library.
"I, I was alone with the Beta in the library", I said, in an ashamed tone, causing eyes to be on me.
My mother closed her eyes and sighed.
She warned me, but I didn't listen.
"And, as a marked Luna, are you supposed to be alone with another unmated male, without the order from the Alpha?" He asked, and I forced myself to speak.
"No, I am not", I replied.
"How could you?"
"After everything I've done for you, how could you betray me?"
"And with my own Beta?"
He yelled, and I closed my eyes in shame.
Gasps were heard, and voices filled the room.
"The Luna with the Beta?"
"How brazen can one be?"
"Alpha has shown her nothing but love, how could she do that to him?"

"Silence!" Zayne yelled, and everyone kept quiet.
"Bring him in", Zayne said to his Omega, Ron.
A half beaten Adrian was dragged into the court room, and my heart broke from seeing him in that state.
"Now, I will like to ask the Beta, what I caught him doing with the Luna of his park in the library", Zayne said, and Adrian glanced at me.
"I cannot say it, dear Alpha", Adrian said, disobeying his alpha's orders.
"Oh, is that so?"
"Fine, I'll tell everyone for you."
"I caught the Beta with his hands all over your dear Luna over here, and guess what?"
"HE MARKED HER!" Zayne yelled, and I put my head down in shame.

"What do you have to say for yourself, Adrian?" He asked.
"I love Paige", Adrian spoke, causing Zayne to be furious.
"Say it again, with your full chest!" He commanded.
"I love the Luna!" Adrian screamed, and I broke down in tears.
"You ungrateful Beta!"
"You will pay for ever touching what belongs to the Alpha!" Zayne said, and was about to change into his wolf when I spoke.
"He's my mate!" I yelled, and everyone paused. Adrian looked at me, and gestured for me to be silent, but I couldn't let him die.
"What the hell are you talking about?"
"You are my mate, and that is why you are the Luna!" Zayne yelled.

"I am mated to the both of you", she said, and Zayne opened his eyes in shock.
"That is not possible!"
"You're lying because you want to save him right?
"Don't tell me you love him", Zayne said.
"I don't know, I think I love him", I said slowly.
"You, love him?"
"Then, what about me?"
"What have we been doing all these while?"
Zayne asked with a hurt expression.
"I don't know why this is happening!"
"I don't know what I feel."
"I've tried to chase it away, but I cannot ignore the mate bond I feel for you both."
"I am the Luna, but, I am also the Beta's mate."

"And, I really don't know how to make you believe me, but ever since I met you, I have been feeling the mate pull towards Adrian, but I ignored it."
"All those times we were together, Adrian could feel it and he wanted me to stay away from you, but I couldn't."
"I even tried to reject him one time, but a magical voice told us not to fight it", I said, and I half expected Zayne to believe me.
"A voice."
"You want me to believe that shit?"
"A magical voice told you to not fight it?" Zayne scoffed.
"What are you gonna say next?"
"That a fairy will walk in here and do some fucking witchcraft or something?" Zayne taunted, and I sighed.

As soon as he spoke, all of the pack members stood up as if they were in a trance.
Only Nara, Kendra, my mother, Caleb, Adrian, Simon and Ron were aware of what was happening, and everyone had a confused look on their faces.
"What the hell is happening?" Zayne asked.
The court doors did open, and a fairy did walk in.
Only that, she didn't look like the typical fairy that was explained in books.

We heard clacking of heels and then, a woman, dressed in a short length gold sequin dress, walked in.
She held so much power and aura, and she had beautiful white skin that was decorated with freckles and her hair was matte black, and her ears were that of an elf.
She looked like a fairy, but something told me she was much more than that, and orange creeping plants were tangled on her bare arms.

"Hello, Zayne."
"Adrian."
"Paige."
Her voice was angelic, and when she called Zayne and Adrian, it felt like she was taunting them, but she called my name in a caring manner.
"Who are you?" Zayne asked in an angry voice.
"And what did you do to my pack, you witch?" Zayne said again, making the woman angry and I swear, I saw fire in her arms.
She looked at Zayne with a furious face and suddenly, he fell to his feet.
"You will not speak until I tell you to, Zayne O'Neill!" She yelled.

"Alpha!" Simon and Ron yelled, and they were about to go to him when the woman stretched out her hand, and both of them froze.
"Who are you?" I asked carefully.
"Wait, aren't you the woman from that day?" Adrian asked.
"My sister, not me."
"She's the one who's always wearing lilac", she said.
"Then, you must know exactly what's happening here?" He asked, and she nodded.
"Stand up, Adrian", she said, and he immediately stood up.
She went over to him and touched his forehead, and all of a sudden, his wounds closed and he started to look healthy.

Zayne was still frozen at the spot, and his face was filled with anger.
"So, you organised a pack meeting, Alpha Zayne", she spoke with venom.
"To, disgrace your mate?" She asked, and Zayne spoke as if he was forced to do so.
"It's only custom to bring the traitor to the whole pack", he said, and Rose growled at the word 'traitor'.
"Traitor?"
"I see."
"Tell me what you saw last night", she commanded, and Zayne started to sing like a bird.